[Suggestion]Video

Started by Finch Real, Jun 21, 2016, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Now If it were possible to use the default replay button from story mode on another person say on a command like

/report Motley Cleo

Then If it were even possible to view that video in windows media player or whatever, then ya that would be cool.

:P Thought about that in the past

Finch Real

@Stormeus VCMP will be more Popular if we have features Like Video or A Feature that we can play videos from youtube in server and that gonna much useful
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Coolkid

It would be useful for newbies sometimes newbies have prb is registering or playing we can show them video and it would be as easy as hell

DizzasTeR

For Fuck Sake, the current bugs are more important to be fixed... The most important thing was GUIs and client-side features, since those are now here, lets wait for developers to get the current things stable and improved then suggest such powerful suggestions.

Honestly you don't want such features right now, wait for important bug fixes and improvements.

Quote from: Coolkid on Jun 21, 2016, 03:01 PMIt would be useful for newbies sometimes newbies have prb is registering or playing we can show them video and it would be as easy as hell

What's wrong with using GUI to create a MOTD that explains sh!t? With buttons on the top for different pages (tabs). News, Help, Staff etc. To get the user familiar.

Here's the average vcmp nab story:

• Nabs: We want sounds, We want sounds, we want sounds!
  • Devs: We've implemented custom sounds.
  • Nabs: FU devs, sounds are too big. People wait too long!

• Nabs: We want GUI, We want GUI, we want GUI!
  • Devs: We've implemented GUI.
  • Nabs: FU devs, GUI is too complicated. I can't script!

• Nabs: We want video, We want video, we want video!
  • Devs: We've implemented custom videos.
  • Nabs: FU devs, videos are too big. People wait too long!

• Nabs: We want NPC, We want NPC, we want NPC!
  • Devs: We've implemented NPC.
  • Nabs: FU devs, NPC is too complicated. I can't script!

Following this fashion you end up with a sh!t load of dead and useless features that no one can use or know to use because... nabs.

Why do you think maxo or storm have lost interest in adding new stuff?

Mötley

Contact one of the developers from Doom II Mp they had a record button in the browser. see if he will code it.
If so there you go.

*I agree with Doom_Kill3R

Stormeus

Quote from: Coolkid on Jun 21, 2016, 03:01 PMIt would be useful for newbies sometimes newbies have prb is registering or playing we can show them video and it would be as easy as hell

If you need a video to explain something as simple as registering on a forum or shooting guns, your server is doing something wrong.

My thoughts on the issue have already been addressed above. It's not happening any time soon. Locked.