[Suggestion] Chalk outline

Started by Milos, Apr 14, 2016, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milos

I suggest adding this function. It would be essential for RPG servers.
Add these marks where someone dies.

Stormeus

Isn't that just an object anyway?

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 14, 2016, 04:32 PMIsn't that just an object anyway?
What's the ID? I found that out using TXD worshop in particle.txd ( I think ).
It'd be good if you tell us the object's ID
oh no

Milos

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 14, 2016, 06:03 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 14, 2016, 04:32 PMIsn't that just an object anyway?
What's the ID? I found that out using TXD worshop in particle.txd ( I think ).
It'd be good if you tell us the object's ID
Yes

Klaus

It's not an object I don't think, more a texture like with the blood stains. You could make it a custom object though.

KAKAN

Quote from: Klaus on Apr 14, 2016, 08:23 PMIt's not an object I don't think, more a texture like with the blood stains. You could make it a custom object though.
Yep, that would be pretty easy I think, because it's already there in a TXD file, we just need to make the .DFF and .COL
oh no

DizzasTeR

You don't even need .col for something like that.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 15, 2016, 02:57 AMYou don't even need .col for something like that.
We're talking about custom objects. Without .COL it would throw error. You need to collison either in a separate file or the same .DFF file.
oh no

DizzasTeR

Why would it throw error, there are objects which may not need collisions like in this case, if it throws errors then the client needs update to allow custom objects without collisions.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 15, 2016, 03:21 AMWhy would it throw error, there are objects which may not need collisions like in this case,
They're not objects even. They're just an image.
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 15, 2016, 03:21 AMif it throws errors then the client needs update to allow custom objects without collisions.
^ This is a needed thing :P
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 15, 2016, 03:33 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 15, 2016, 03:21 AMif it throws errors then the client needs update to allow custom objects without collisions.
^ This is a needed thing :P

The client has been capable of using objects without collisions since we introduced custom objects.
<collision type="none" />