Is it possible?

Started by EightyVice, May 01, 2016, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EightyVice

Is it possible to make international bank for all servers that make you can to transfer money from server to another server
It must be for official servers only to prevent anyone to make a server and set his money and transfer it to the other servers , is it possible?
 :)

Stormeus

It's technically possible but why would servers do this? VC:MP money has no value, and even then different servers have different ideas of what money can be spent on and how much is needed to buy various things. You can't just create an exchange rate for that.

EightyVice

Quote from: Stormeus on May 01, 2016, 07:36 PMIt's technically possible but why would servers do this? VC:MP money has no value, and even then different servers have different ideas of what money can be spent on and how much is needed to buy various things. You can't just create an exchange rate for that.
OK what happens if vcmp money have a value
I think that will make an economy XD

Thijn

If it's hard to earn money on one server, there's a reason the owners want it that way. Why would they agree with a system that would defeat their own ideas?

EightyVice

yes it will be like that
Now with economy news
LW 9.2 ^
EC -6   v

i mean that 1 VCD (Vice City Dollar) have a value and all servers have  the same value

Thijn

Which would mean players are going to play in EC a lot, just so they can buy a car in LW and do nothing with it.
Not going to happen ;P

Skirmant

You could always use digital currency, although that would mean the total supply is out of your control

Sure. Implement a system like PAC and ask people to use the API you provide on their servers. But try to imagine a wold where people won't abues the system. Actually I have no idea what that is. But some people said it's kinda what you seek.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on May 01, 2016, 11:37 PMSure. Implement a system like PAC and ask people to use the API you provide on their servers. But try to imagine a wold where people won't abues the system. Actually I have no idea what that is. But some people said it's kinda what you seek.
It's a UCP. I was thinking to create a website for VCMP's Clan system where users can register themselves and their clan, and I'll provide APIs for server owners to implement them. But, it's shit idea, no one is going to use it.
oh no

Mötley

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly S.L.C.

Okay @Zeyad Ahmed,

Say I have a Role play server and a Deathmatch server. I would never want to share the same stat/database as players like to abuse servers.

What I mean as abuse is: We will create bots. Kill the bots 100 times or more. okay I finnaly have 10.000 + in game cash. Well looks like I can go buy that nice to have car in the role play server as I am a poor gamer and can not take the time to play the server the normal way as scripted and intended.

I have thought about this in the past and that is why I would refuse, It is a good idea but as I said players like to abuse.

EightyVice

Quote from: Mötley on May 02, 2016, 04:06 AM^^^^^^^^^

Exactly S.L.C.

Okay @Zeyad Ahmed,

Say I have a Role play server and a Deathmatch server. I would never want to share the same stat/database as players like to abuse servers.

What I mean as abuse is: We will create bots. Kill the bots 100 times or more. okay I finnaly have 10.000 + in game cash. Well looks like I can go buy that nice to have car in the role play server as I am a poor gamer and can not take the time to play the server the normal way as scripted and intended.

I have thought about this in the past and that is why I would refuse, It is a good idea but as I said players like to abuse.
It will be only for official servers and you can transfer your money once a week

EightyVice

Quote from: vito on May 02, 2016, 08:52 AM
Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 02, 2016, 08:06 AMIt will be only for official servers and you can transfer your money once a week
It seems you clearly trust to 'official' stuff xD
Not official server's admins but for level 1 players only

EK.IceFlake

I'll try to do this, nice idea.

EightyVice

We can make test version if it success we will make official version

Stormeus

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 02, 2016, 09:59 AM
Quote from: vito on May 02, 2016, 08:52 AM
Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 02, 2016, 08:06 AMIt will be only for official servers and you can transfer your money once a week
It seems you clearly trust to 'official' stuff xD
Not official server's admins but for level 1 players only

If you have to keep adding caveats to this, I don't think it's a good idea.