With MySQL

Started by KAKAN, Aug 17, 2015, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Can anybody be good and post all the work of MySQL?
I mean all the functions and what does it do and its syntax
oh no

KAKAN

And most important:
Tell me how to create a table/database using MySQL, like we use QuerySQL, like that, how to use it in MySQL
oh no

MatheuS

MySQL functions

these are the functions:

mysql_connect( szHost, szUsername, szPassword, szDatabase, iPort )
mysql_close( pConnection )
mysql_query( pConnection, szQuery )
mysql_num_rows( pResult )
mysql_num_fields( pResult )
mysql_fetch_row( pResult )
mysql_fetch_assoc( pResult )
mysql_fetch_lengths( pResult )
mysql_free_result( pResult )
mysql_errno( pConnection )
mysql_error( pConnection )
mysql_ping( pConnection )
mysql_escape_string( pConnection, szString )
mysql_select_db( pConnection, szDatabase )
mysql_change_user( pConnection, szUser, szPassword )
mysql_warning_count( pConnection )
mysql_affected_rows( pConnection )
mysql_insert_id( pConnection )
mysql_info( pConnection )
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Have you looked in the tutorials section? Have you googled? Have you looked at any documentation? What makes you think that our tutorials will be any different than the existing ones?

No offense but you know what's my advice to any programmer that can't document on his own? Go find another hobby!

KAKAN

SO
mysql_query( pConnection, szQuery )This is used to create database right?
oh no

Thijn

That's used to execute a query. If that query makes a table, yes.
A database should already exist, since you'd need that in the connect statement.

KAKAN

if the database doesn't exist, then??
oh no

KAKAN

and can u update the wiki?
I can get much info from there
I want SQL and MySQL in wiki, can anybody update it?
oh no

DizzasTeR

I'll suggest you to stick with SQLite, you can't manage MySQL.

FinchDon

Doom is right Mysql is not kinda easy its very difficult to know it better use Sqlite
For any help and support Join #s-s at IRC for Help in Scripting
( For Newbies )

KAKAN

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 18, 2015, 08:40 AMif the database doesn't exist, then??

Can't u just answer me?
And @FinchDon plz don't post on it, until unless u have something to tell
oh no

DizzasTeR

What do you expect SQLite to do when you don't have your so called "db" defined and you try to call it in QuerySQL... If you don't understand this then I guess its pointless to help onward.

Thijn

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Aug 18, 2015, 02:26 PMWhat do you expect SQLite to do when you don't have your so called "db" defined and you try to call it in QuerySQL... If you don't understand this then I guess its pointless to help onward.
He's talking about MySQL, not SQLite. And he's talking about an actual database, not the db variable that will hold the pointer.

If you don't know how to create a mysql database you're better off using SQLite.

KAKAN

Yus, idk how to create a MySQL database, and i want to learn it.
oh no

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Thijn on Aug 18, 2015, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Aug 18, 2015, 02:26 PMWhat do you expect SQLite to do when you don't have your so called "db" defined and you try to call it in QuerySQL... If you don't understand this then I guess its pointless to help onward.
He's talking about MySQL, not SQLite. And he's talking about an actual database, not the db variable that will hold the pointer.

If you don't know how to create a mysql database you're better off using SQLite.

I'm talking about SQLite because MySQL is almost same, so that's a stupid question that what will happen when there is no database at all...

Since he used SQLite before I'm trying to maake him realize that its not that different.