Segmentation fault

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jan 10, 2016, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

So I was trying to host ghosts server on his own vps (xD) but some kind of segmentation fault came. And it was on a script that did nothing but print a simple text. Can anyone help?
 -@debian wheezy 7
 -root access

Thijn

Probably a faulty plugin.

EK.IceFlake

Anik

Check the bottom of server.conf file if there is any kind of weird texts. This error also came in my VPS. Repairing the server.conf file fixed my issue

The squirrel plugin is known to do that from time to time. And before you ask. NO! There's nothing you can do. Other than removing the last code you've added and trying to test it incrementally.

EK.IceFlake

I've been trying this for about half a million times and still the same error. Even with different scripts. even thijns debug plugin. Also this happens only on Linux.

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jan 11, 2016, 01:31 PM... Also this happens only on Linux.

Don't worry, it happens on windows too. It's just not as picky as Linux to complain. Windows let's you do lots of bad things without letting you know. That's the beauty of Windows when you are a developer. You don't have to worry about bugs because you're not aware unless you explicitly poke them ;D

EK.IceFlake

Okay guys, I solved this by using thijns plugins. Also I had another issue in which main.s just "didn't get loaded" and if anyone having that problem just open server.cfg and your script with gedit and save with Linux/unix line endings.