Can not load game?

Started by Kewun, Jul 30, 2016, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Quote from: Kewun on Aug 04, 2016, 05:23 AM
Quote from: Shadow on Aug 03, 2016, 05:51 PMYou get a crash at address 0x6F6330 in gta-vc.exe ? If that's the case then the crash is happening in a function named 'rwProcessorInitialize' which is only called by D3D8System so you might have some bad dlls or a really bad fuckup.

so what i have to do? reinstall windows again milion times? thats getting bored

and what you mean about fuckup ?
maybe some GTA VC mods which made VC to not work.
My suggestion is to try downloading GTA VC from a completely different source.
oh no

Kewun

already downloaded 5 gta vcs from diffrent sites

+ i purchased even, didnt work too

Stormeus

If reinstalling the game five times and reinstalling Windows didn't solve the problem, reinstalling a sixth time likely won't.

@Kewun, let's get some concrete information here.
  • Have you installed the Visual C++ 2013 redistributables?
  • Have you tried installing DirectX from the runtime packages?
  • Are your drivers up-to-date? Particularly graphics drivers.
  • What operating system do you use? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
  • When did this problem start occurring? Is there anything that you suspect may have broken the game in particular?
  • What are your system specs?

Kewun

3. yes
4. 64 bit
5. some weeks ago
6. i told already, look in 2nd page

edit

1. done, tried installing the vcredist and no effects
2. i will try this too, ill edit this post

edit 2

2. installed, no effects + restarted pc

Stormeus

Have you also upgraded to the anniversary update for Windows 10? That should be version 1607.

Kewun

Quote from: Stormeus on Aug 04, 2016, 03:27 PMHave you also upgraded to the anniversary update for Windows 10? That should be version 1607.

nope

Kewun

restarted pc, installed vcredist 2013, installed the directx sdk, still no effects...
god damnit :((((((

Stormeus

Does that mean you're still crashing at 6f6330?

Kewun

yeah

i tried dep settings, didnt worked.

Stormeus

Interestingly, I tried Googling the crash address to see if people were experiencing it with single player, and found this thread you made previously about the exact same issue:

Quote from: Kewun on Jun 03, 2016, 06:19 AMfixed.

had to reinstall windows 10 and remove other crap updates..

Not sure why that isn't working now.

Anyway, have you tried deleting gta-vc.set from your Documents\GTA Vice City User Files (or similar) directory?

Kewun

yes, i even tried deleting whole folder!

Kewun

Stormeus

Are you able to set your screen's resolution to 640x480? Try doing that, launching the game, and then setting it to a higher resolution if it starts. If that doesn't work, I don't really suspect much else considering this is an error that occurs before the game even has a chance to load up.

:edit: You could also try the compatibility option for this.

Do you have any foreign/altered files such as DLL or ASI to enhance or otherwise alter the game and that could possibly be conflicting with something else?

I'm not talking just about the game folder, but also the Win32 folder inside the Windows directory or in environment paths used to search for such dependencies.

Is there any software that monitors executable applications and could possibly attempt to inject into them for various reasons?

EK.IceFlake

If singleplayer is working, try using Georges browser as its most likely during injection and the official browser might have some compatibility issues.