[HELP] Converting .fbx to .dff, .txd and .col

Started by EK.IceFlake, Dec 27, 2014, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. Could you guys help?

Kam's Max Scripts, TXD WorkshopCollision File Editor II etc. and If you're hoping for a tutorial here then you'd better be joking.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 27, 2014, 08:02 AMKam's Max Scripts, TXD WorkshopCollision File Editor II etc. and If you're hoping for a tutorial here then you'd better be joking.
But i'm looking for something to convert from fbx to dff txd col.

So load the fbx into 3D Studio Max and convert it using Kam's Max Scripts. DA FUQ IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? Do you think everything comes with a click n done option?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 27, 2014, 11:56 AMSo load the fbx into 3D Studio Max and convert it using Kam's Max Scripts. DA FUQ IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? Do you think everything comes with a click n done option?
I was looking for a converter since I didnt have 3DS Max. But thanks, it is downloading now.

If you have Blender then you can use that as a portable, free and lightweight alternative to 3DS Max. But Blender is much more aggressive towards beginners, meaning that it's much harder to learn especially for someone starting from zero. If you happen to be familiar with Blender then Blender DFF IO For III/VC/SA or Blender DFF Import/Export Script. I recommend the first one because it's more recently updated (well... most recently because it's still 2-3 years old as of now) and you have a better chance of making it work with recent versions of Blender.