Client Update Released (March 15)

Started by maxorator, Mar 15, 2016, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxorator

A client update has been released for 04rel003.

• Map objects can be hidden via XML.
  • Fixed Steam version sniper aim crash.

How to hide objects via XML

The structure of a map xml file is a bit different now (old format still works). Here's a sample that hides a building in downtown:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<map>
<itemlist>
</itemlist>
<hiddenlist>
<rule model="1738">
<position x="-593.064209" y="686.2479858" z="27.2444458" />
</rule>
</hiddenlist>
</map>

So if you want to also hide objects, the root element has to be map and both the itemlist and hiddelist go inside it.

Murdock

I just updated my client and changed my xml file to hide the building that has the 8ball garage at the docks. I took the coordinates from Vice City's docks.IPL and it seems to work fine with the HideObject function, but not when defining it in the xml.
This is the XML I'm using, am I missing something here?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII" ?>
<map>
<itemlist>
<item model="6162" name="doc_shedbig30">
<position x="-1161.041626" y="-1381.602295" z="21.72377777" />
<rotation format="axisangle" x="0" y="0" z="0.1865240633" angle="0.982450366" />
</item>
</itemlist>
<hiddenlist>
<rule model="667">
<position x="-1161.041626" y="-1381.602295" z="21.72377777" />
</rule>
<rule model="748">
<position x="-1161.041626" y="-1381.602295" z="21.72400093" />
</rule>
</hiddenlist>
</map>

MacTavish

@maxorator can you explain it a bit more i understood that <hidden> is to hide objects but what is <itemlist>

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Stormeus

Quote from: Kusanagi on Mar 16, 2016, 01:36 AM@maxorator can you explain it a bit more i understood that <hidden> is to hide objects but what is <itemlist>

<itemlist> is a regular map definition.

MacTavish

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 16, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: Kusanagi on Mar 16, 2016, 01:36 AM@maxorator can you explain it a bit more i understood that <hidden> is to hide objects but what is <itemlist>

<itemlist> is a regular map definition.
got it. it means we can hide and recreate objects in one xml right?

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

DizzasTeR

Storm, I'd be great if XMLs can also support World for the creation of objects. In future is there any plan for non-static objects?

Stormeus

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 16, 2016, 04:58 AMStorm, I'd be great if XMLs can also support World for the creation of objects. In future is there any plan for non-static objects?

Not possible. XML maps are treated like the game's own IPLs and do not use VC:MP's streaming, but virtual worlds require entities to use that streaming. In theory, XMLs could specify interiors for objects, but in order for those objects to be visible, you'd have to change the player's interior, which would cause the rest of the world to disappear.

DizzasTeR

Well then I'm sure there is a way to set object's LOD view distance which were created using CreateObjects. So that we can set their draw distance through scripts. Currently we can only do that in XMLs but XMLs can't support Worlds.

rww

Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Sebastian

Quote from: rwwpl on Mar 16, 2016, 06:54 AMI waiting for tobj and 2dfx ;)

^ This so much ... would be just awesome.

KAKAN

Great work!
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 16, 2016, 04:58 AMStorm, I'd be great if XMLs can also support World for the creation of objects.
Me too :)

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 16, 2016, 04:58 AMIn future is there any plan for non-static objects?
I want static objects through XML( I have an object which is not static, i.e, the volleyball )
oh no

EK.IceFlake

@Doom_Kill3R
EDIT: Non Static objects are impossible through XML, they are rendered client side which means the client has full control over the object and they cannot be synced as the client can't tell the server (it recognizes the object as its own game object, like storm said)

DizzasTeR

Do you even have any idea what are you talking about? Seriously open your eyes and read it all up again. I'm not talking about static objects, I'm talking about non-static. Involving Physics and which can be disturbed from their position. Jeez.

EK.IceFlake

Sorry word mistake. Non static objects* the rest of the statement is true for non static. Fixed.

DizzasTeR

Still I never said to add it in XML. Please read my post again.