Some Directions would be Liked

Started by Mötley, Mar 04, 2016, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacTavish

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 04, 2016, 07:18 PMAnd to your 2nd problem, restart your browser and try, if not works, try restarting your PC. Because it works fine for me.

i mean this

Edit: cleaned browser cookies now its fine

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

KAKAN

Bad browser, it shows blue to me, even the links work perfectly:-
http://imgur.com/YPVoIto
oh no

Mötley

Thank you KAKAN!!!

So? it is more of the content strings? than creating a file database?

KAKAN

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 04, 2016, 07:49 PMThank you KAKAN!!!

So? it is more of the content strings? than creating a file database?
Well, Hashing are generally used for Passwords, so that if a hacker gains access to your database, and takes everyone's account info, then also, he/she will not be able to know the pass.

And also, if you want to learn more about the database, then you can have a look over the MySQL functions. I'll soon update the SQLIte ones. And also, there are some scripts available for the accounts thing, you can have a look over them. For ex: Fuzziee's Account system. It has 2 versions. One is MySQL based, while the other one is SQLite based.

If you want to learn how to set-up a MySQL database, you're free to google, or have a look on this topic
oh no

Mötley

I will have a look.

[Not Hating against VCMP]

I just do not really understand why there is so many plugins/modules needed for supporting scripting capabilities.

Rather irritating.

KAKAN

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 04, 2016, 08:08 PMI just do not really understand why there is so many plugins/modules needed for supporting scripting capabilities.
That would be easier to handle and download. Putting everything into one plugin would be hard to debug and find errors.
oh no

Mötley

Always the hackers that make things worse[Makes since] . :p

http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=1007.msg6562#msg6562

those are the style of hashes i am seeking to be able to use

Thijn

You guys are mixing two things here.

The hash system Mr_Motley is talking about has nothing to do with hashing passwords. They were an old method of saving data to files in VC:MP and LU.
AdTec has ported the old functionality for 0.4: http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=206.0
This plugin may or may not work anymore. If not, I will see if I can recompile it to make it work for more recent server updates.

While pretty much no one uses that hash method, you are free to check it out. Although I think there's going to be more support by using the database systems linked above: SQLite and MySQL. It's just a matter of getting used to, I guess.

Stormeus

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 04, 2016, 08:08 PMI just do not really understand why there is so many plugins/modules needed for supporting scripting capabilities.

When the server was created, we decided to keep everything aside from the core functionality of the netgame in plugins. It makes it easier to maintain the core server functionality as well as the plugins. Although some of the plugins are officially maintained by developers, it also allows the community to develop drop-in replacements and additional scripting languages as they please.

The SA:MP and LU servers also add unnecessary overhead by forcing everything to go through the Pawn and Squirrel APIs. The best example I can think of is someone had developed a plugin that allowed people to use Squirrel scripts in SA:MP, but because the only plugin API required going through the Pawn API, the performance was substantially worse than if you had just used Pawn.

Mötley

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 04, 2016, 08:33 PMYou guys are mixing two things here.

The hash system Mr_Motley is talking about has nothing to do with hashing passwords. They were an old method of saving data to files in VC:MP and LU.
AdTec has ported the old functionality for 0.4: http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=206.0
This plugin may or may not work anymore. If not, I will see if I can recompile it to make it work for more recent server updates.

While pretty much no one uses that hash method, you are free to check it out. Although I think there's going to be more support by using the database systems linked above: SQLite and MySQL. It's just a matter of getting used to, I guess.

Yes I am extremely confused, I do not Blame KAKAN, He has gone beyond his way in every type of way to help me big KUDDOS to him.

Please is this anything like create hashes, close hashes,hsh.del, hsh.get, hsh.add, etc. if so some type of examples or really old scripts with this would be helpful [ not saying the entire script just to use as examples.
Now to create a base script to upload and to use as my own, I would extremely need that Hashing plugin!! [Even if i need to pay you real cash  {Not a joke}

My scripting is a lot like Force's Thijn.
some like VRocker's as well.

I tried to Use DJ Java Decompiler 3.12, and it failed to load everything. not often that happens. only said "VM"

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 04, 2016, 08:34 PM

When the server was created, we decided to keep everything aside from the core functionality of the netgame in plugins. It makes it easier to maintain the core server functionality as well as the plugins. Although some of the plugins are officially maintained by developers, it also allows the community to develop drop-in replacements and additional scripting languages as they please.

The SA:MP and LU servers also add unnecessary overhead by forcing everything to go through the Pawn and Squirrel APIs. The best example I can think of is someone had developed a plugin that allowed people to use Squirrel scripts in SA:MP, but because the only plugin API required going through the Pawn API, the performance was substantially worse than if you had just used Pawn.

This make's a lot of since, I may be wrong,

Lets say lets say VCMP developers are far to busy to fix bugs, exploits, or updates. Then someone can attempt to manually fix things and or add support depending on what that is? etc

Stormeus

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 04, 2016, 08:53 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 04, 2016, 08:34 PM

This make's a lot of since, I may be wrong,

Lets say lets say VCMP developers are far to busy to fix bugs, exploits, or updates. Then someone can attempt to manually fix things and or add support depending on what that is? etc

To an extent, yes. We still don't plan to release the source code to the client and server so bugs there would have to be handled by the dev team. However, any bugs and crashes in stuff like the Squirrel scripting core could be patched by the community. As a matter of fact, there are some community members who have contributed bugfixes to Squirrel and other plugins.

Mötley

Mötley

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 04, 2016, 08:33 PMYou guys are mixing two things here.

found this in the really old post

Quote from: FarisDon. on July 13, 2014, 10:03:46 pm
(1)can we uplode these hsh,SQL.dll to work it on Our new beta Version 0.4
or else it will not connect us???
Only 0.4 plugins will work with 0.4 servers. R2 plugins do not work with 0.4 servers.

And Yes if i uplode these Things it will not work on the old version -.-?
No.

Quote from: S.L.C on July 13, 2014, 10:06:50 pm
Quote from: stormeus on July 13, 2014, 09:13:30 pm
Try the VS2013 runtimes.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Hmmm... same error. The game process doesn't even start :-\
Are you getting any specific errors?

I can not create a server until this is cleared. cant wait. After added support is added I will create a base script and should have it done in two weeks and release,

Cant Script without it ;p

Mötley

Okay LOL NOW I think i can bypass and began my build with

ReadIniInteger( "Data/" + player.Name + ".ini", "Account", "Level" );
but i am having issues with ReadIniInteger trying to find a module..

function Loggedin ( player, Password ) {

if ( Password ( player ) != "" )
{
if ( Account [ player.ID ].Logged == false )
{
if ( Password )
{
if ( WHIRLPOOL ( Password )
{
local Cash = ReadIniInteger( "Data/" + player.Name + ".ini", "Account", "Level" );
//etc

Please Let me know if someone beats me to finding the module.

DizzasTeR

Don't use INIs Motley. The official INI plugin is totally screwed up and has alot of deficiencies. Just don't use it. For instance the way it stores data is totally messed up. Your data might be corrupted if it involves brackets.

Use either SQLite for lower purposes and MySQL if you need a higher priority.