Can not load game?

Started by Kewun, Jul 30, 2016, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewun

i didnt know if its a bug or crash, so i posted this thing in this general discussion

so my problem is, when im connecting to a server, game loads like to 50%, then comes back to 0% and loads again to 50%, and goes back to 0% again.

Singleplay works fine.

what could be that caused?

i have ddraw.dll in my game directory, because if i dont have this file, game crashes with the address of 6f6330 ( i already posted this crash tihngy in support section but i dont want reinstall windows again )

Without this file, i cant play gta vc normally

any help? :/

EK.IceFlake

Reinstall vice city*, not VCMP. I had the same problem and fixed it by reinstalling

Kewun

Kewun

nope, the same error occurs, now it happens when i just double click on gta vc...

EK.IceFlake

Try moving the ddraw to system32

Kewun

Kewun

There is already a ddraw.dll file  in the system32 and SysWOW64

ysc3839

Quote from: Kewun on Jul 31, 2016, 09:59 AMThere is already a ddraw.dll file  in the system32 and SysWOW64
That ddraw.dll in your Vice City directory is a MOD. Reinstall your Vice City.

Kewun

Quote from: Kewun on Jul 30, 2016, 12:16 PMhm, kay ill try

i already REINSTALLED vice city.

Also i reinstalled windows.

KAKAN

Quote from: Kewun on Aug 01, 2016, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Kewun on Jul 30, 2016, 12:16 PMhm, kay ill try

i already REINSTALLED vice city.

Also i reinstalled windows.
Which windows?
Try install Oracle VM and install Windows 10/7 in it. Get VC working in it and then VCMP.
oh no

Kewun

Kewun

and i dont want to play vc mp on a virtual machine since it ruins my fellings of pc and laggy as shit
and i dont want to downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 or 8
windows 7 is worst for me, 8 is like a copy clone of 8.1
thats why i love windows 10 and windows xp ( i dont awnt install windows xp, its dangerous )
I would love to fix this crash for once and all, that is my last request ;c

EK.IceFlake

Try my VCMP installer [just an outdated official vcmp installer but it works better]
http://vc-mp.weebly.com/downloads.html
Windows client

Did you try running with different compatibility modes?
Did you try running as admin and/or without admin privileges?
Do you have the proper Visual C++ runtime libraries installed?

What have you tried, what do you have installed on your system that could possibly interfere with the game. Drivers and such.

Mötley

The issue is ddraw.dll is blocked by vcmp in some type of fashion,.

Since you said ddraw.dll helps, I just happened to notice it really is blocked same reloading as you said. but you need to change either the directory or write a string in the ddraw.dll to make the .dll to anonymous.

So dont worry, it still works, you just need to modify a few things and you will be back to playing vcmp again :)

Or you could fix your game the correct way,. Which is removing that darn ddraw.dll :P