Client Update Released (17 January)

Started by Stormeus, Jan 17, 2016, 08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

The first client update of 2016 has been released for 04rel003.
  • Custom sound files can now be played using PlaySound.

Server owners: to use this feature, add .wav files to store/sounds/. Each sound added will have an ID starting with 50000 which can be played through PlaySound as usual. Filenames should be in the format of sID_NAME.wav where ID starts with 50000.

No server update is necessary for this feature.

• Fixed players being able to gain immunity to gunfire by rapidly switching in and out of first-person view.
  • Fixed players occasionally not seeing shots from behind them until they saw the player shooting them.
  • Fixed players taking critical damage and losing all armour when being shot in the arms and legs.
  • Attempted a more aggressive fix for slide glitching.
    • Fixed players sliding aggressively when transitioning from crouched to standing up.
    • Attempted to reduce slide duration when a player is moving while standing.
    • Shotgun timing for remote players should improve as well due to this patch.
  • Shots fired by people in first-person should now appear to shoot from the muzzle, and not from behind the player's head.
  • Added config option scr_shortmsg. When set to 1, VC:MP will shorten the "screenshot saved" message by only printing the filename, and not the full path.
  • Added console shortcuts for jumping to the first and last lines in the scrollback buffer. (HOME and END by default, respectively. Only effective when the console is open.)
  • Added config options con_scrollupkey, con_scrolldownkey, con_jumptopkey and con_jumpbottomkey to reconfigure the keys used for scrolling through the console.
  • Fixed smoke and shadows being transparent or appearing lighter in screenshots. FRAPS overlays will also appear properly if captured in screenshots.
  • Reduced the delay in switching classes on a spawn screen from 1000ms (1sec) to 250ms (0.25sec).

This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

Xmair

Finally, waiting for custom skins.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

KAKAN

Finally, waiting for this updates! Good work!
oh no

DizzasTeR

Awesome work you did there, now I can overcome my unique idea. I hope GUIs are soon to be experienced ;)

Edit: A suggestion for you guys is to allow URL capability as well to play sounds using playSound so that we can play sounds for the client which might not even need download.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jan 17, 2016, 10:05 AMAwesome work you did there, now I can overcome my unique idea. I hope GUIs are soon to be experienced ;)

Edit: A suggestion for you guys is to allow URL capability as well to play sounds using playSound so that we can play sounds for the client which might not even need download.
Well, I think GUIs are not supported. Still then I got a way to do it using Custom sprites.( would be better if Stormeus could add them )
About the URL thing, yes we need it too!
oh no

Sebastian

Good to see an update right in the begin of 2016 ! Thanks !

anyway, I thought I will see a fix for custom animation of custom vehicle.
(the animation is not loaded)

MacTavish

Thanks for the custom sounds

after the update the browser is unable to cantact the masterlist is this only happening to me?

Solved was only mine problem

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

DizzasTeR

I don't know if I'm using it wrong or its the bug itself but I'll try to explain as much as I can.

I added a few sound files of .wav format. Consider like this:-

s50000 - Bow
s50001 - Rawr
s50002 - Meow

These are the sounds, now if I play sound of ID 50000 then its fine, if I play 50001 it plays the SAME old sound of ID 50000 and then if I play 50002 it plays 50001 or sometimes AGAIN the 50000 one.

So I hope I can get a possible explanation on why this is happening.

The files are named as: s5000x_SoundName if that matters.

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Jan 17, 2016, 11:09 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jan 17, 2016, 10:05 AMAwesome work you did there, now I can overcome my unique idea. I hope GUIs are soon to be experienced ;)

Well, I think GUIs are not supported.

There's already some experimental code in place for GUIs in developer versions, it just needs refinement. It's also been a really low priority since other bugs like FPV glitches needed to be fixed first.

Tarkan

There is no sound untill you suicide, get killed or die by other ways.

MacTavish

Received Errors in debuglog the file blowroof is taken from gtavc's audio directory and the file rainoverme is converted would you guys tell me the exact conversation format of file i mean whatever stated in error.. what is Subchunk

Error in CSoundHandler::FillSampleBufferFromData: First subchunk size should be 16, probably file is not in PCM format.
Error in CSoundHandler::LoadSound: Could not read sample buffer from file sounds/s50000_blowroof.wav.
Error in CSoundHandler::FillSampleBufferFromData: First subchunk size should be 16, probably file is not in PCM format.
Error in CSoundHandler::LoadSound: Could not read sample buffer from file sounds/s50001_rainoverme.wav.

Grand Hunting Project

maxorator

Quote from: Kusanagi on Jan 18, 2016, 06:28 AMReceived Errors in debuglog the file blowroof is taken from gtavc's audio directory and the file rainoverme is converted would you guys tell me the exact conversation format of file i mean whatever stated in error.. what is Subchunk

Error in CSoundHandler::LoadSound: Could not read sample buffer from file sounds/s50000_blowroof.wav.
Error in CSoundHandler::LoadSound: Could not read sample buffer from file sounds/s50001_rainoverme.wav.
The files included with VC are in a very uncommon WAV format (ADPCM), which is why that format is not supported. Currently only PCM WAVs are supported. Most audio editors should use this format by default, so if you load them into something like Audacity and then export, they should be in the supported format.

DizzasTeR

Since we can stream / play sounds in vehicles with custom radio, I think it won't be that hard to have the same feature in PlaySound I guess? It will be really useful if it gets implemented.

MacTavish

Grand Hunting Project