Prossesing 40 data saves for a players account

Started by Mötley, Aug 16, 2016, 12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Well, do some benchmarks. INI is a lot slower( in everything! ) than SQLite.
Still then, for VCMP, it won't affect much as not many players will join your server :p
oh no

Thijn

You're probably forgetting the flexible method of getting your data out of sqlite. You can query almost anything you want with just accessing the file once, which while running the server is probably already in memory.

INIs are horribly inefficient and I wouldn't recommend anyone to use them for their "big new server". Especially when you're creating one from scratch.

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Aug 18, 2016, 05:52 AMYou're probably forgetting the flexible method of getting your data out of sqlite. You can query almost anything you want with just accessing the file once, which while running the server is probably already in memory.
INIs can also be loaded into memory. Take @. 's plugin for example :p
oh no

DizzasTeR

MySQL > SQ Lite > INI > Hash

This is how I see VCMP in regard of saving data, even though something like MySQL is still too much for a small thing like VCMP, it stands tall.

If you want to make something better then make your way through things unfamiliar to you because anything achieved easily and your-friendly isn't the best outcome

KAKAN

I'll prefer SQLite even though I was using MySQL.
The installtion of MySQL requires more than 100MBs of space on your hard disk, while SQLite doesn't need. Something like VCMP doesn't need the core features of a SQL-based database( unless you plan to make a good server ).
Even though SQLite is SQL based, it doesn't have all the features, which makes it light and good for small projects. But, if you're planning to have UCP, Webstats etc, MySQL is the way for you.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Friend, throw anything at SQLite and it will catch it easily (well you better not use sqlite for a very big website, but for vcmp its very good)
Sqlite has a very nice index which will help you in increasing your performance. If you need hardcore performance (either you need to do millions of records a second or every millisecond matters) you should use MySQL. However, for something even remotely related with VCMP, I recommend sqlite, unless you like to be a performance-mania like @.

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Aug 18, 2016, 11:02 AMI recommend sqlite, unless you like to be a performance-mania like @.

On the contrary. I prefer SQLite. I prefer small code without a lot of dependencies. In fact, even in my plugin, SQLite is the most complete module.

Mötley

Perhaps, In later times I will take the time to do this, "Motley needs to re-read http://www.tizag.com/sqlTutorial/index.php for a better prep".