[CLOSED] Temporary Free Host

Started by ., Aug 29, 2015, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes there are no ads but try to have a couple more people browsing simultaneously and for an increased period. Eventually they'll receive blank pages after you've reached your resource quota. And that's the problem with free web-hosts.

MacTavish

Quote from: KAKAN on Nov 09, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote from: Kusanagi on Nov 09, 2015, 07:24 AMHey @S.L.C what about webhosting? I am tired of creating forums cause of service maintenance and Ads. Can you start forum hosting?
You actually don't need one.
You can have the best choice.
Try 000webhost or hostinger
They both are good, and do not have ads, yet 000webhost is a bit faster.
You can have a look at my forum, I have 000webhost, and see no ads, if there are ads, I have a option to remove them even if i don't have an pro account there.

Actually i tried that both crap but if i use free domain like something.comla.com then everything works but when i use my custom free domain like something.ml and after apply nameservers the ftp doesnt works

It says Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? i tried many hosts but the problem remains

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Cool

Can I get a slot its will be nice

Cool

sorry for double post I used a vps I know about Linux so dont worry I will not ask any thing from you

Spidey

SLC i will fix my script and i will give me vccnr script ok?
gta vc and san are my favourite games

Thijn

Quote from: Spidey on Nov 09, 2015, 01:45 PMSLC i will fix my script and i will give me vccnr script ok?
Stop begging. He's not going to give you a slot if you don't know a decent level of using Linux.

About the 000webhost thing. You know they've been hacked right? They stored all passwords plaintext, so if you used that password on other websites I suggest you change them immediately.

Cool

@Thijn is that web of India I used my email pass on this web next day I have came warning you email I'd has been logged from in India Delhi but by good luck gmail blocked that shitty guys due to change country and I changed my pass

Thijn

Quote from: King on Nov 09, 2015, 06:42 PM@Thijn is that web of India I used my email pass on this web next day I have came warning you email I'd has been logged from in India Delhi but by good luck gmail blocked that shitty guys due to change country and I changed my pass
That's what you get for using the same password for your email and some dodgy free webhosting site :)

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Nov 09, 2015, 05:26 PMAbout the 000webhost thing. You know they've been hacked right? They stored all passwords plaintext, so if you used that password on other websites I suggest you change them immediately.
Yea, I know.
Yet I have different passwords for every thing, even in this forum.
HAHA! You can't really hack my account
oh no

Thijn

Quote from: KAKAN on Nov 10, 2015, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Nov 09, 2015, 05:26 PMAbout the 000webhost thing. You know they've been hacked right? They stored all passwords plaintext, so if you used that password on other websites I suggest you change them immediately.
Yea, I know.
Yet I have different passwords for every thing, even in this forum.
HAHA! You can't really hack my account
I was talking to @King who obviously doesn't have different password for every webservices he uses.

Well, as it turns out, there are 5 servers hosted on VPS #1 even though only 3 accounts were given. And only 2 servers on VPS #2 where 4 accounts were given. Right now that doesn't bother me as it's not causing any issues. Because most of those servers are empty (and they'll continue to be empty). But if by any chance the servers happen to get an increase in players and lag starts to appear. I'm going to have to trim down some of the servers. If you know what I mean (talking to those with multiple servers).

Either way. I'm glad the servers are still working and that they're starting to appear in the master list but please be careful to not cause issues for the others (again, talking to those with multiple servers).

As for those that keep asking for servers... Show me your Linux skills. Show me that you know and you can't cause issues. Show me that you are trustworthy.  And I'll gladly give you a fair share of the servers. Until then: I will not manage your server. I will not upload your scripts. I'll not even bother to respond to you.

I FEEL OBLIGATED TO REMIND THOSE THAT HAVE SCRIPTS ON THE SERVERS. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SCRIPTS DAILY BECAUSE I STILL DON'T KNOW WHEN THESE SERVERS WILL DIE. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU IF YOU HAPPEN TO LOOSE YOUR SCRIPTS!

Thijn

Little note that backing up the scripts along might be fun, but don't forget your database :)

Joao^

Someone can me of a vps

I got my hands on a third VPS tonight. The location for this one is US and therefore it's not really meant for server hosting. So I decided to use it for web-hosting. Therefore, anyone that has a server hosted by me should either post here or PM me his desired forum script and then I'll send further details where to direct his domain or I'll create one automatically for that dummy nono.cf domain.

WARNING: You will not have access to this VPS and therefore you will not have access to the forum scripts. Which means you cannot install plugins and/or themes yourself. All file changes are done through me and that's how it's going to be for a while until I see how things go.

So... let's recap what you need to do in order to get a forum script:
  • Post here or send a PM with the desired forum script, theme, plugins etc.
  • Post here or send a PM with the desired sub-domain name or custom domain name if you have any.

Preferably a more lightweight forum script.

Major changes in the hosting therms. I've managed to make BGP to partially support VC:MP and therefore I will offer a control panel from now on. The reason I've said partial is because I still have to implement some things and some of them aren't even supported by VC:MP.

This means that manual SSH management is now removed. Trying to connect with SSH will not work from now on. You will soon receive FTP details to manage your server files. There are still some security issues that I'll have to address but the new approach makes it a bit harder for people to mess things up even if by mistake.

I will PM you with the FTP and control panel details as soon as possible to allow you to continue using your server. Please expect some bugs until I finish setting everything up. I've postponed the web-hosting I've promised for a few a day or two until I'm done with this.