My Birthday

Started by Radon, Dec 19, 2016, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radon

Quote from: happymint1 on Dec 20, 2016, 10:24 AM
-_-

Anyways, thanks to everybody to wish me Happy Birthday. :D

Mötley

Quote from: KAKAN on Dec 20, 2016, 08:24 AMMotley,  thats Radium and not Radon. Anyway,  happy birthday Radon...

Lol I think you should read up on indoor air quality, I had to do a lot of studies in this during college

Out of everything there hear is a quick paste

QuoteRadon is an invisible, radioactive atomic gas that results from the radioactive decay of radium, which may be found in rock formations beneath buildings or in certain building materials themselves. Radon is probably the most pervasive serious hazard for indoor air in the United States and Europe, probably responsible for tens of thousands of deaths from lung cancer each year.[5] There are relatively simple test kits for do-it-yourself radon gas testing, but if a home is for sale the testing must be done by licensed person in some U.S. states. Radon gas enters buildings as a soil gas and is a heavy gas and thus will tend to accumulate at the lowest level. Radon may also be introduced into a building through drinking water particularly from bathroom showers. Building materials can be a rare source of radon, but little testing is carried out for stone, rock or tile products brought into building sites; radon accumulation is greatest for well insulated homes.[6] The half life for radon is 3.8 days, indicating that once the source is removed, the hazard will be greatly reduced within a few weeks. Radon mitigation methods include sealing concrete slab floors, basement foundations, water drainage systems, or by increasing ventilation.[7] They are usually cost effective and can greatly reduce or even eliminate the contamination and the associated health risks.