Vcmp Vs Samp!

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jul 06, 2015, 06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thijn

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 06, 2015, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 06, 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jul 06, 2015, 05:17 PMWhen GUIs and properly implemented (and possibly client side code) VC:MP is far better then SA:MP feature wise.

Thinking too far friend, that moment will take a while to come!

Or a couple of months. Depends on how much else is left to fix and how much time I have.
And how much LU's code base is helpful, I guess :P

Stormeus

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 07, 2015, 05:44 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 06, 2015, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 06, 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jul 06, 2015, 05:17 PMWhen GUIs and properly implemented (and possibly client side code) VC:MP is far better then SA:MP feature wise.

Thinking too far friend, that moment will take a while to come!

Or a couple of months. Depends on how much else is left to fix and how much time I have.
And how much LU's code base is helpful, I guess :P

That and the entire GUI system would already have been written by Juppi :P

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: MatheuS on Jul 07, 2015, 01:11 AMSAMP may even be good.

But VCMP is much more fun. 8)
Same here. I dont know why (really) but SAMP seems absolutely horrible to me. Maybe it is because of san andreas' objects, they already look bad (VC and V are better) and then SAMP servers even extend that. Using the horrible objects. And as someone said (I dont remember, think it is DooM_KilleR), "I agree. SAMP has been ass-kicked".

ysc3839

I think VC:MP's mod system is better than SA:MP. I never see a SA:MP server including custom weapons.

ysc3839

I think MTA:SA is much better than SA:MP. :)

MacTavish

The only thing i like of SAMP is the GUI and the support of cursor

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Beztone on Jul 08, 2015, 01:15 PMThe only thing i like of SAMP is the GUI and the support of cursor

You will forget SAMP if you see what MTA is capable of when it comes to GUI and cursor's

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 08, 2015, 03:06 PM
Quote from: Beztone on Jul 08, 2015, 01:15 PMThe only thing i like of SAMP is the GUI and the support of cursor

You will forget SAMP if you see what MTA is capable of when it comes to GUI and cursor's
you can do almost anything in SAMP/MTA , you just need to be creative :P
be creative you can do anything in vc-mp too :P

Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Jul 08, 2015, 03:30 PM...be creative you can do anything in vc-mp too :P

Not really. As soon as you try to do more complex things it'll be hard to manage things. You only have about two options. Sh!tload of weird keybinds or commands. In both cases the player must remember a lot of stuff and there's a lot more work to be done on the server. The result is always the same: painful management on both ends.

Besides, everyone thinks it's all about imagination. Well, I imagine a plane. Yet you don't see me making one. Get it? It's all about what you can, what you know and what you have. Everything depends on those three stupid rules.

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: S.L.C on Jul 08, 2015, 04:12 PM
Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Jul 08, 2015, 03:30 PM...be creative you can do anything in vc-mp too :P

Not really. As soon as you try to do more complex things it'll be hard to manage things. You only have about two options. Sh!tload of weird keybinds or commands. In both cases the player must remember a lot of stuff and there's a lot more work to be done on the server. The result is always the same: painful management on both ends.

Besides, everyone thinks it's all about imagination. Well, I imagine a plane. Yet you don't see me making one. Get it? It's all about what you can, what you know and what you have. Everything depends on those three stupid rules.
well , giving opinion is far more easier then doing something, if you imagine something then try to stick with that plan maybe you'll create a Plane someday who knows?
someone did imagined about plane and now we use it to travel from one place to another everything is done with creativity and imagination you just have to stop being lazy and do something useful , most of people waste their time like i'm doing by writing a replay to such thing but who cares?
like here someone have imagined about a Multiplayer Client for Vice-City and now we are playing it , whoever created this client at first(or imagined about the Client) he was not lazy i bet he was creative , because he worked on his imagination and created something which is now known as VC-MP .

DizzasTeR

Devil I wish it would work like that but that is not how it works using something indirectly is sure possible but it would make it un-efficient and messy taking more than it takes as a built in feature. Even in some cases doing stuff indirectly is not possible as well for example making something that whatever you type is stored, you have to bind all the keys which is a hell thing to do...

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 08, 2015, 05:42 PMDevil I wish it would work like that but that is not how it works using something indirectly is sure possible but it would make it un-efficient and messy taking more than it takes as a built in feature. Even in some cases doing stuff indirectly is not possible as well for example making something that whatever you type is stored, you have to bind all the keys which is a hell thing to do...
why do you want to use something indirectly when you already know about the efficiency and other things,but as you said it is possible.
we are talking about imagination and possibilities.

SoFahim

BTW , It depent on Game. GTASA is more scripted, more mods then VCMP. So SAMP > VCMP . If you ask about scripting blah blah.... then SAMP and VCMP at same stage. therefore VCMP is in Sq language and SAMP Pawno

The reason I have left VC-MP is scripting base + the gameplay.
VC-MP 0.4 released with lots of awesome things but they put pawn behind.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 09, 2015, 06:32 PMBTW , It depent on Game. GTASA is more scripted, more mods then VCMP. So SAMP > VCMP . If you ask about scripting blah blah.... then SAMP and VCMP at same stage. therefore VCMP is in Sq language and SAMP Pawno

I was SAMP scripter back in the old days and I was used with pawno but after learning squirrel I hate code in pawn now.