LU Scripter joins VCMP

Started by Mötley, Mar 03, 2016, 08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

(Rantish)So I fully Retired from Gta3. Tired of the hackers, server crashers etc.
Then began thinking i shouldn't waste my knowledge. So i will make this my last try.

(Main)
I want to create a VCMP server (will be rpg) What do i need to know that i already know with Liberty Unleashed.

Am i still able to create my own base script with dofile. are there client scripts( for bind keys etc) hashes, GUI, In general what do i need to know??

Murdock

Grab the server files and necessary plugins from here and have a look at the functions on the wiki. It should be pretty similar to all that LU has.
You can find plenty of example scripts in this board to give you an idea of how to make a gamemode.

Note that unlike LU, VC:MP does not support clientside scripts nor GUI but you should be able to make something close to it using sprites and textdraws.

Mötley

Thanks Murdock,I will look into script releases, I want to see if Juppi created the /cam to view the world/Pos counter etc, if so there has to be something interesting inside the scripts for moving around.

I want to Create my own work.

Seems like fun. Cant wait to help others in script help

Quote from: Murdock on Mar 03, 2016, 08:34 AMNote that unlike LU, VC:MP does not support clientside scripts nor GUI but you should be able to make something close to it using sprites and textdraws.

any examples that you know of?

Also;
Thanks for the Response! Kudos  !!!

DizzasTeR

Juppi's Free Cam script from LU ported in VCMP. One of the most useful script because it helped me in my Map Editor so Kuddos to him.

Skipping to say anything on textdraws and sprites :)

Mötley

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 03, 2016, 04:20 PMJuppi's Free Cam script from LU ported in VCMP. One of the most useful script because it helped me in my Map Editor so Kuddos to him.

Skipping to say anything on textdraws and sprites :)

^Kudos Really Thank you,
//LOL a Liberty Unleashed user uploaded that conversion(S19/sasha19323)//

Sebastian

Hey Mr_Motley ! Welcome to VC:MP Community ! Enjoy the stay ! :)

Take a look into Tutorials Board, because you will find there a video tutorial about how to add sprites in How to add custom stuff topic. (and more other custom things)

Mötley

Quote from: sseebbyy on Mar 03, 2016, 04:46 PMHey Mr_Motley ! Welcome to VC:MP Community ! Enjoy the stay ! :)

Take a look into Tutorials Board, because you will find there a video tutorial about how to add sprites in How to add custom stuff topic. (and more other custom things)

Wow Thank you!!! lel This is awesome,

* LU forums would of taken 3 month's to get a positive response, If a response at all...

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome on my journey of starting all over again,

Last Question,..
How do you LAN test your server for bugs or errors/syncing things between players in scripts? I do not have to port forward to test do I?
Unable to..

Ps. Running Windows Experience { (Professional) Business Edition (XP) } so no clue if there will be any issues..

MatheuS

Welcome to Vice City Community ;)
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Cool

aXXo

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 03, 2016, 05:22 PMLast Question,..
How do you LAN test your server for bugs or errors/syncing things between players in scripts? I do not have to port forward to test do I?
Unable to..
You can run the server on your local machine and join it by adding localhost:port to your favorites(I guess you already knew that :) )
If a feature requires more than one player to test, you can join the server multiple times from the same machine:
Alt-Tab, change nickname, connect again.

KAKAN

Quote from: aXXo on Mar 03, 2016, 06:14 PMAlt-Tab, change nickname, connect again.
Better way:
1. Press Win key + R key
2. Type "%appdata%\vcmp\04beta" without quotes
3. open vcmp_config.txt and change game_windowed from 0 to 1

Alternative way:
1. Open vcmp
2. Type /setconfig game_windowed 1
oh no

rww

[spoiler]LU Players + VCMP =

[/spoiler]
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Mötley

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Quote from: aXXo on Mar 03, 2016, 06:14 PMAlt-Tab, change nickname, connect again.
Better way:
1. Press Win key + R key

Alternative way:
1. Open vcmp

LOL!! i have been using this http://www.fileplanet.com/198137/190000/fileinfo/D3DWindower-English-version/ for years and on VCMP and LU, due to i prefer the settings more. I can go on single player and the screen will adjust as i change the settings, Allowing me to get the perfect setup. Thank you! Just changed to Window mode, Also found the port ID for LAN setup..

NewK

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Better way:
1. Press Win key + R key

Alternative way:
1. Open vcmp
No need for all of that, just press ALT+ENTER

Quote from: NewK on Mar 03, 2016, 08:25 PMNo need for all of that, just press ALT+ENTER

Doesn't work if you don't have game_windoed 1. At least for me. It always starts in full screen and I window it with CTRL+ENTER but it won't work unless I have that config option to 1.