[0.4] Argonath RPG 3.0

Started by Klaus, Jul 25, 2015, 03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goku

Quote from: Klaus on Aug 04, 2015, 05:27 PM
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Aug 03, 2015, 04:25 AMI hope this time argonath can save weapons too with the ammo player has
You should come and play, then you would've known this was already implemented.
Yeah, now this feature is in the server!!! By the way, nice server and good luck!!! (y)
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

aXXo

Hi Argonathians,

Fishing had been one of the most suggested and rejected idea since a long time in Argonath RPG. A conventional fishing script involves driving a boat to sea and typing a command, which can be boring and too easy. With VCMP 0.4's new features, a new system was planned, called Harpooning.

The objective is to hunt rare sea creatures and sell them at the fish market. To accomplish this, a custom object and a custom weapon has been added to the server:

Ogra is a carnivorous fish unique to the coast of Argonath Vice. It resembles the Shark, but is considerably smaller, characterized by red fins and tail. It occasionally surfs very close to the surface of the water at a high speed.

The Ogra's fins, bones and fish oil is of tremendous export value, hence it is a popular Harpooning target. The state used to make a good profit exporting the Ogra's parts in the past decade, but considering how rare the species is, hunting Ogras was banned by the law.

Harpoon is a custom weapon added to the server and can be bought at tool shops. It works like a sniper rifle, so you need to aim down the sight to fire it. Fishermen need to navigate around the Sea to locate an Ogra and shoot it down with the Harpoon. Since this activity is illegal, expect cops to be a challenge. After harpooning an Ogra, visit the Fish Market in Vice Port to sell the prey for $500(subject to changes).

Ran out of stuff to write, so here is a giant dead turtle at the fish market.(Dont click the picture!)

MacTavish

Looks like a modified m60 :D BTW Good Work

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Finch Real

Good Work Fella's Keep it up
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Goku

Harpoon price changed to $950 :( . And the fish is using turbo hack :D
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

MaTaDeToR

Quote from: Dangerous on Mar 17, 2016, 12:07 PMHarpoon price changed to $950 :( . And the fish is using turbo hack :D
I Haven't went to, so called Argonath yet, but because of Object.MoveTo function, the Fish would surely act as a turbo hack, since the more far is the Point, the more fast it goes.  ;)

aXXo

The item prices are set by the owner of the place, so you can try different tool shops.
The Tool shop in Havana (Screw This!) sells Harpoon for $500, the owner might give you a further discount if you ask nicely. :)

The Shark speed is constant no matter the distance between points.
Currently, it is 0.020 game distance per milisecond, which may seem like Turbo hack, but with a bit of anticipation players have managed to catch 5 sharks in 7 minutes. Can't make it too easy.

Goku

Quote from: aXXo on Mar 17, 2016, 04:45 PMThe item prices are set by the owner of the place, so you can try different tool shops.
The Tool shop in Havana (Screw This!) sells Harpoon for $500, the owner might give you a further discount if you ask nicely. :)

Currently, it is 0.020 game distance per milisecond, which may seem like Turbo hack, but with a bit of anticipation players have managed to catch 5 sharks in 7 minutes. Can't make it too easy.
Hmmm,got it but i decided to never ever buy harpoon coz i felt fishing difficult :D

MaTaDeToR

Quote from: aXXo on Mar 17, 2016, 04:45 PMThe item prices are set by the owner of the place, so you can try different tool shops.

Sure, it is in Constant motion; however, It would be, or is, so easy, for the ones who knows SQ scripting, and they could simply catch the sharks in secs, not even in Mins. :)

Thijn

Quote from: MaTaDeToR on Mar 17, 2016, 06:26 PM

Sure, it is in Constant motion; however, It would be, or is, so easy, for the ones who knows SQ scripting, and they could simply catch the sharks in secs, not even in Mins. :)
What has knowing squirrel has to do with shooting a moving object?

MaTaDeToR

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 17, 2016, 06:43 PM
Quote from: MaTaDeToR on Mar 17, 2016, 06:26 PM

What has knowing squirrel has to do with shooting a moving object?
Well just getting a bit jittery; however, lel sorry i've just recognize you are truly right! according to me it's just a simple strategy, so, I guess I was a bit Impulsive at that time, anyway nope No problem! thanks, for correcting me. :) so Actually, I just want to write "for the ones who makes The Best Strategies"

KAKAN

oh no

EK.IceFlake

Can someone by my guide and help me to understand this server? It's very confusing, unlike any server I'm used to.

Kessu

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 19, 2016, 06:46 AMCan someone by my guide and help me to understand this server? It's very confusing, unlike any server I'm used to.

Press the "Guides" picture in the first post to get an idea on what you can actually do in the server.

If you need further help, just ask any admin or reqular ingame and he'll help you through whatever problems you may have :)

Klaus

It's really not that confusing once you gather the gist of what RPG is about. If I see you ingame I'll be glad to help show you around. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me any time.