Current VCMP projects

Started by Mötley, Oct 17, 2016, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

You're not considering the fact that the devs have to do a lot more than just get a good scripting interface. If you had someone specialized for making something  then obviously they will do it better than someone who has to make a lot of stuff.

I want you to make exactly what VCMP makes but in a better implementation. This is what I meant by my question.

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 21, 2016, 03:05 PM...I want you to make exactly what VCMP makes but in a better implementation...

You can't do exactly what they do and do better because then you wouldn't be doing what they did to get that implementation in the first place. But yeah, challenge accepted. Unfortunately, you and I have no saying in this. Might as well just drop the subject before going further into off-ropic.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 17, 2016, 05:45 PM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 17, 2016, 02:31 PMI'm working on a cross between RP and DM with awesome features you will not dream about.
Screenshots:

Live chat + Notification system

Awesome login screen (yes, I know, easy)

Yes enjoy copying this you know I love freedom! :)
Good luck trying this though, was very hard
not worry i will dont _mem.nut the files you can enjoy them also it will be copylefted
but i scripted client side scripts in very bad way xD not on purpose though

New feature: Client side timers

(bottom right of screen)

p.s. I got my PC back :)

Also, I'm trying to keep as much stuff client side as possible to
1. Reduce the risk of server crashing
2. Reduce lag

For example, /goto will send a signal to the client to teleport to this player, and everything else (timers, teleporting) is handled by the client.

Also, if you're doing anything suspicious with the client-side, the server will immediately kick you. For example, you're trying to register when you are already registered.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 28, 2016, 11:30 AM1. Reduce the risk of server crashing
2. Reduce lag

1. Reduce risk of server crashing, increase risk of client crashing
2. Reduce lag.. imaginary lag that is and have more pressure on client

Good job, good job! :D

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Oct 28, 2016, 01:19 PM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 28, 2016, 11:30 AM1. Reduce the risk of server crashing
2. Reduce lag

1. Reduce risk of server crashing, increase risk of client crashing
2. Reduce lag.. imaginary lag that is and have more pressure on client

Good job, good job! :D
1. Well 1 player crash is better than all players crash + need to restart server
2. What? No. Anyways the client doesn't do much heavy stuff, I've tried to keep it as lag free as possible (example: no heavy functions in scriptprocess)

KAKAN

Care about the VCMP players too? Some can't manage to get a decent FPS too. How would there CPU/GPU process the GUIs?
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 28, 2016, 04:35 PMCare about the VCMP players too? Some can't manage to get a decent FPS too. How would their CPU/GPU process the GUIs?
Well, all the timers are processed per frame, not per tick, and about 50 to 100 instructions are literally nothing even for a 6-year-old PC.

DizzasTeR

Yeah and I get 10 fps for drawing a notification gui label on a quadcore. Just agree and deal with the truth.

EK.IceFlake

Then it's your fault for using a 10 year old pc.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Oct 28, 2016, 05:50 PMYeah and I get 10 fps for drawing a notification gui label on a quadcore. Just agree and deal with the truth.

You're most likely creating the GUI element on each frame and then destroying it. I've seen someone else doing the same but with fonts.

vito

Quote from: . on Oct 28, 2016, 06:25 PMYou're most likely creating the GUI element on each frame and then destroying it. I've seen someone else doing the same but with fonts.
It was me, lol.
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 28, 2016, 05:54 PMThen it's your fault for using a 10 year old pc.
50% or maybe even 90% of vc-mp players own 10-year-old-pc, just turn on a rain in any popular server and look at the chat.

EK.IceFlake

If you're curious about my server you can now find more information here: http://server.elitekillerz.net/threads/checklist-until-server-release.7/