glibc 2.14...

Started by EK.IceFlake, Oct 23, 2015, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Hi guys!
I am setting up a server on a VPS and I am getting this errors
Plugin error >> dlopen() 'plugins/hashing04rel64.so' failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by plugins/hashing04rel64.so)
Failed to load plugin: hashing04rel64

Plugin error >> dlopen() 'plugins/sqlite04rel64.so' failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by plugins/sqlite04rel64.so)
Failed to load plugin: sqlite04rel64

I tried thijns plugin and the updated plugins.
I tried about a million tries to install it but fail.
For example running on root: apt-get install libc-6

Yelp appreciated

What OS? What OS Version. Probably an older Debian. Use a newer Debian version or a linux distribution that with newer packages like Ubuntu (can't believe I just said that) and do an update: apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

If you still want to use Debian the try to use backports or experimental branches.

MacTavish

What about centOS that is also an cool OS

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Quote from: Kusanagi on Oct 23, 2015, 01:33 PMWhat about centOS that is also an cool OS

That could do. But I've seen these kinds of reports on the forum. And most times the OS was CentOS. I almost thought it was CentOS until I noticed apt-get. So be careful with that one as well.

KAKAN

Yet. Idk much about Linux. But updating is the best solution before posting.
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 23, 2015, 04:11 PMYet. Idk much about Linux. But updating is the best solution before posting.

I'm sorry to ask but do you have some moral obligation to post in every topic on the forum even if you know nothing about the subject?

KAKAN

Quote from: S.L.C on Oct 23, 2015, 04:17 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 23, 2015, 04:11 PMYet. Idk much about Linux. But updating is the best solution before posting.

I'm sorry to ask but do you have some moral obligation to post in every topic on the forum even if you know nothing about the subject?
I just wanted to post a solution, and I did it.
So what's the problem now?
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 23, 2015, 04:22 PMI just wanted to post a solution, and I did it.

The solution was posted already :-\ If you had read the topic.

Quote from: S.L.C on Oct 23, 2015, 01:20 PM... and do an update: apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

KAKAN

Oops, sorry.
From now on, I'll read every topic before posting.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

I can't change the OS, as its a VPS.
I did apt-get update and it said its already the newest version.
I'll try apt-get dist-upgrade as soon as I connect to it again.

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Oct 23, 2015, 06:21 PMOS: Debian 7.
I can't change the OS, as its a VPS.

What do you mean? Surely you can re-install another OS from the control-panel. Unless you don't have access to the control panel. In which case you must ask the one that has access to the control panel.

Thijn

What does ldd --version return?

EK.IceFlake

@S.L.C I don't have access to CP, I got VNC from ghost and he got it from furious and furious got it from crazy.
@Thijn I'm going to try it now and edit it once done.

EK.IceFlake

@Thijn
Here's the result
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u8) 2.13
Copyright © 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper

Thijn

You should be able to use the plugins listed here: http://vcmp.thijn.ovh/builds/