A little help.

Started by Sardar.Khan, Dec 23, 2015, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sardar.Khan

Hey guys i need some help. Whenever i try to join any server it says 'Downloading version 04100' something after the download completes it says 'failed to rename new installation'. I have also reinstalled VC:MP but the problem presists.

After many attempts of reinstalling VC:MP it now shows downloading version 04reI003, after the download completes it shows "version used by the server is not installed and failed to download". Any help would be appreciated.
VCMP since 2009.

[VM] Vice Mafia

Thijn

What OS?

Run as admin, and search on the forum for more solutions. It's been posted a lot.

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Dec 23, 2015, 06:35 PMWhat OS?

Run as admin, and search on the forum for more solutions. It's been posted a lot.
Does VCMP works on any other OS except Windows?
He's new( to this forum ), so he might find it difficult to search( as most of the guys have )
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Dec 23, 2015, 07:04 PMDoes VCMP works on any other OS except Windows?

He meant what Windows. Because they all have their own quirks to deal with.

EK.IceFlake

Try running it as admin (if win7/8/.1/10) and setting all permissions in vc directory to no read only and set write permissions on for all files.

Sardar.Khan

My OS is win7. I have tried above methods but it ain't working.
VCMP since 2009.

[VM] Vice Mafia

Luckshya

I'm too having the same problem. My OS is win 8.1.

karan20000000000

Delete the 04rel003 folder in vcmp root folder and restart the browser. If it redownloads the version properly you might be able to run the game properly.
With regards,
KP
------------------------------------------

Luckshya

Quote from: karan20000000000 on Dec 24, 2015, 05:13 PMDelete the 04rel003 folder in vcmp root folder and restart the browser. If it redownloads the version properly you might be able to run the game properly.
No, the problem still persists.