Server Making Issue

Started by 47Hitman, Jul 12, 2015, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47Hitman

Guys,
Please help me as I'm encountering a problem in developing my server. I used your blank server file to help me and it turns out that I've got everything damn right. But it keeps on saying  "master.vc-mp.org timed out while trying to reach your server; are your ports forwarded?". I tried to change the port but it keeps on using the same (8192) port. I need help guys please fix this problem. Help me as fast as you can. A tutorial will do great :) .

Regards,
Hitman.

Mashreq

You need to port forward your ports to make your server visible to others, since your ports are not forwarded due to that the error shows for you.

EK.IceFlake

master.vc-mp.org timed out while trying to reach your server; are your ports forwarded?
[spoiler="Explained for retards"]
master.vc-mp.org timed out
The server sent a request to the masterlist, the masterlist received it
while trying to reach your server
., and it tried pinging your server yet failed to do so.
Are your ports forwarded?
Check if your ports are forwarded, if not then forward them[/spoiler]

KAKAN

I FORWAERDED my ports too, but still it shows the same error as of hitman
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Tell me what is in "Server started in port ---" and is it the port you have forwarded

47Hitman

I forwarded the ports.... I also tried to change the port but it won't change nor will it connect to master.vc-mp.org....
"Server started in port 8192" i changed the the port to 5192 but keeps on using 8192. I need help guys... Or maybe I'm not forwarding the ports right? Help me dude!!!

Thijn

What kind of router/modem do you use?
Also post your server.cfg

47Hitman

I use the modem provided by my ISP "PTCL BROADBAND" and under is my server.cfg. If there's any error please let me know;
gamemode TAP+DM
plugins squirrel04rel32 xmlconf04rel32 announce04rel32 hashing04rel32 ini04rel32 sockets04rel32 sqlite04rel32
port=8192
sqgamemode scripts/main.nut
maxplayers 100

47Hitman

Aha... Turns out I had got the configuration of the ports wrong.... now the server has connected but isn't showing on the client server list.

Honey

You won't see the server yourself ( afaik ), goto http://game-state.eu and make an account there, then try to add your server and see if it is pinging on that site.

47Hitman

No use.... it says servers offline whule the server.exe shows everything fine.... :/

Thijn

Then your port forward failed. We can't really help you here since each modem does this differently. Google is your friend in this case.
For easy checking if your portforward worked you can use my VC:MP Checker.

EK.IceFlake

Does the announcer return an error?

47Hitman

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 15, 2015, 05:44 AMThen your port forward failed. We can't really help you here since each modem does this differently. Google is your friend in this case.
For easy checking if your portforward worked you can use my VC:MP Checker.
I checked the link... It showed my server was online but says it is not listed anywhere....
And I the announcer did not show any error.....!