[0.4] Argonath RPG 3.0

Started by Klaus, Jul 25, 2015, 03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzie

Your "position" is very unclear. You may know what your argument is, but you clearly don't understand what our server is and our stand on what roleplay is. Your idea of what a roleplay server is everything we try to stay away from since it's completely stupid.

Want to play on a roleplay server that is just as fucked up as the way you put it? Make one of your own or play on another so call roleplay server that fits your fucked up idea of proper roleplay.

Like I mentioned above, we will never change our rules to allow un-monitored deathmatch as a possible roleplay. Again, it's completely stupid and is not what a proper roleplay server should be. I don't know why you keep embarassing yourself by trying to convince anyone here that you know what roleplay is when you yourself said you don't.

vito

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMYour "position" is very unclear.
Try to read again:
QuoteRoleplay (as any other gameplay) should provide to player as much freedom as it required by gameplay. Any act what player can do (without hacks) should be part of gameplay. If gamemode is unable to care about actions of players, this gamemode is having problems in design.

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMit's completely stupid.
fucked up idea
Turn off such expressions, please.
Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMMake one of your own or play on another so call roleplay server that fits your fucked up idea of proper roleplay.
I don't need your advice, thanks.
Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMun-monitored deathmatch as a possible roleplay.
Killing player is not equal deathmatch for first, secondly it's already is a part of this rpg gameplay. Learn gaming terminology please.
Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMAgain, it's completely stupid and is not what a proper roleplay server should be.
It's called freedom of player's actions, any gamemode gives freedom to player as much as it needed. It's looks stupid to you because you don't know such basic things or you can't create it.
Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:15 PMI don't know why you keep embarassing yourself
At least you know why you keep embarassing yourself. Right?

Fuzzie

Kid, we've been here for a very long time. If there's anyone who knows the server best, it's us. If you're butthurt because you were banned for deathmatch, I recommend you take a moment to re-evaluate your entire life. Like I said multiple times before, we won't change our rules just because your small mind can't comprehend the range of possible roleplays that can and has happened on the server. I suggest you just stop trying to reply because at this point, your points are getting more and more idiotic than it already is.

vito

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:37 PMKid
very long time
the server best, it's us
butthurt
I recommend you
I suggest you
re-evaluate your entire life
your small mind
idiotic
At least your position is clear.

Fuzzie

Kid, just stop. We'll handle our server and you handle yours, ok? At this point, the only words of retaliation that you have to say are echoes of mine to you.

vito

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 18, 2017, 01:56 PMKid, just stop. We'll handle our server and you handle yours, ok? At this point, the only words of retaliation that you have to say are echoes of mine to you.
I don't need "words of retaliation" and I dont need you recommend/suggest/"you have to", thanks kid.

Agent002

QuoteRoleplay (as any other gameplay) should provide to player as much freedom as it required by gameplay. Any act what player can do (without hacks) should be part of gameplay. If gamemode is unable to care about actions of players, this gamemode is having problems in design.
You are saying like if people murder others and the cops can't stop them, it's their fault.
If we grant such freedom we would have people going /s die then shoots with not a care in the world.
Role-playing terrorism is allowed.
But.
Rules may NOT be stretched in any, ANY situation in the name of role-playing.

krystianoo

Quote from: Agent002 on Mar 18, 2017, 02:49 PM
You are saying like if people murder others and the cops can't stop them, it's their fault.

so whose fault is it then...?

KAKAN

Quote from: krystianoo on Mar 18, 2017, 05:34 PM
Quote from: Agent002 on Mar 18, 2017, 02:49 PM

so whose fault is it then...?
cops ofc :)
oh no

Radon

Argonath is going to have nerfs in future. Prepare popcorn when kessu wants to remove another thing  8)

Fuzzie

First of all, not every addition is a nerf and not every addition is a buff. What we are aiming for right now is to fix the broken scripts we have so it will work the way we originally intended it to work or even better. While a certain group of players will constantly critise our every move because they only think of themselves, we implement scripts that are beneficial for the long run.

Klaus

I just want to mention that a rule against roleplaying terrorism never existed on the server, or at least didn't until very recently. We've had roleplays in the past involving cuban rebels (el gorillas) as well as different criminal organisations and gangs committing all kinds of terrorism such as car bombs (that are scripted), assassinations (even the chief of police, and taking the entire FBI HQ hostage. My advice is if you wanted to roleplay an act of terrorism make sure you're transparent enough with players OOCly and not to overly powergame. Roleplay is about creativity and interaction, so try to stretch your imagination as well as the players around you. Remember to give the other players room for their own roleplay so they themselves can alter the direction and maybe even surprise you (that's part of the fun!). I apologize on behalf of some of the comments here that were way overly aggressive for no reason but I hope they haven't put you off roleplay completely. Good luck!

Fuzzie

There never has been nor did we ever said such a rule against terrorism roleplay existed in the first place. We don't have to look anymore further than NAR and the court case against them in this instance. Any act of deathmatch or rulebreak was punished but the rest was left to roleplay by both the members and the cops/feds.

Vito claimed that he was banned for deathmatch, and I believe that the admin who banned him knew what they were doing. I can't really tell for sure if he's bullshitting, trolling,  or not since I don't know what account he was playing on and can only reply based on what he's saying here.

As for the harsh words, if it offended you, I'm sorry. I tried being nice the first few times but your stubbornness to understand and tolerate was really annoying to not only me, but the other players, admins, and developers I've talked to.

However, like I said in my previous posts. If you're putting forward those points because you don't understand why you were banned (if at all), then the right thing for you to do is to post an unban request so we can properly investigate what was going on and tell you the reasons why too. Complaining about stuff that we were never wrong about (as the deathmatch rule have existed since the early days), isn't going to solve anything nor help anyone especially yourself.

Klaus

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 24, 2017, 02:52 AMI tried being nice the first few times but your stubbornness to understand and tolerate was really annoying
It's understandable that you may get frustrated if you feel you can't get your point across, but that doesn't excuse you from the inappropriate manner in the way you conducted yourself. You're an ambassador for Argonath RPG so you should be acting in a more professional manner.

Quote from: Fuzzie on Mar 22, 2017, 12:11 AMwe implement scripts that are beneficial for the long run
There still lies a massive question mark on whether or not the recent changes have been beneficial. Short term they haven't been.

kennedyarz

In the real world there are terrorists, look at the "islamic state" there are also policemen to look at "every country": v should accept everything in a roleplay. That is my thinking Do not judge me: D