[serber]zip problem

Started by KAKAN, Feb 11, 2016, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Well, today I compressed all my maps, spirites and sounds. 1st nothing worked, then I installed 7z and did it, then the sprites and maps worked. The sounds aren't working with the 7z file.
My file name is: sounds_unp.7z
It has about 3 files in it. Am I doing something wrong? If so, please do tell me
oh no

Thijn

You don't have to zip the sounds. Just put the wav files in the folder.

Stormeus

Does your 7z structure look like this?
sounds/
   -- file1.wav
   -- file2.wav
   -- file3.wav

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 11, 2016, 05:05 PMYou don't have to zip the sounds. Just put the wav files in the folder.

People might be underestimating just how large even a short but uncompressed WAV is. If compression works, I'd rather server owners use it.

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 11, 2016, 06:30 PMDoes your 7z structure look like this?
sounds/
   -- file1.wav
   -- file2.wav
   -- file3.wav
Yezz

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 11, 2016, 05:05 PMYou don't have to zip the sounds. Just put the wav files in the folder.
I don't want someone downloading 3MB from VCMP browser :D
oh no

Murdock

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 12, 2016, 05:53 AMI don't want someone downloading 3MB from VCMP browser :D

The VCMP browser does not download anything besides VCMP updates. Also 3 MB was considered big in 1998

KAKAN

Quote from: Murdock on Feb 12, 2016, 05:34 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 12, 2016, 05:53 AMI don't want someone downloading 3MB from VCMP browser :D

The VCMP browser does not download anything besides VCMP updates. Also 3 MB was considered big in 1998
This clearly shows that you haven't joined any server yet.

EDIT: Still I want to know the reason why the sounds doesn't work when zipped.
Anyone having/facing the same problem?
oh no

MacTavish

Try this prepare your sounds

s50000_file1.wav
s50001_file2.wav

Now use 7zip  and compress file in cSounds1_unp.7z archieve then open your archieve then again put your files in archieve with mouse and replace them

Some times when we compress an archieve then most of files doesnt have packed size in archieve i faced these problems much times when i compressed custom objects i noticed if .txd not have packed size then server was unable to extract that file

Sorry for the bad english i am on a trip

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

ysc3839

Quote from: Kusanagi on Feb 12, 2016, 06:55 PMTry this prepare your sounds

s50000_file1.wav
s50001_file2.wav

Now use 7zip  and compress file in cSounds1_unp.7z archieve then open your archieve then again put your files in archieve with mouse and replace them

Some times when we compress an archieve then most of files doesnt have packed size in archieve i faced these problems much times when i compressed custom objects i noticed if .txd not have packed size then server was unable to extract that file

Your English isn't so bad. I just hope you can use "," and "." correctly. :)

KAKAN

Quote from: Kusanagi on Feb 12, 2016, 06:55 PMTry this prepare your sounds

s50000_file1.wav
s50001_file2.wav

Tried, doesn't help. Can anyone try this unp sounds and tell me the result? If it works, then tell me, I'll try some other sounds
oh no

ysc3839

I tried on my server. However VC:MP showed "[FILES] Failed to retrieve 'sounds/s50000_name.wav' from archive 'sounds_unp.7z'.". I found that new 7-zip version uses "Delta LZMA2:192k" method to compress files and old version uses "LZMA:16". VC:MP only supports "LZMA:16". Then I use old version to campress, it works well.

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 13, 2016, 07:02 AMI tried on my server. However VC:MP showed "[FILES] Failed to retrieve 'sounds/s50000_name.wav' from archive 'sounds_unp.7z'.". I found that new 7-zip version uses "Delta LZMA2:192k" method to compress files and old version uses "LZMA:16". VC:MP only supports "LZMA:16". Then I use old version to campress, it works well.
I used the new version to compress objects and sprites, how did it work then?
oh no

MacTavish

I tested as @ysc3839 says newer versions archieves are not working with i am using this version to compress it works fine 7Zip v920

Grand Hunting Project

KAKAN

Quote from: Kusanagi on Feb 13, 2016, 09:07 PMI tested as @ysc3839 says newer versions archieves are not working with i am using this version to compress it works fine 7Zip v920
Can you give me the zip file you tested?
oh no

[Elv]Woodland

same problem with me :(

EDIT
@KAKAN   Try this version of 7Zip http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z920.exe
7z your all sound files and name it as sounds_unp, it works :)

MacTavish

Quote from: vito on Feb 25, 2016, 12:37 PMI want to add "mission complite" sound. I've converted it from mp3 to wav and compress with 7zip but 700kb it's on border of evil. Is it possible to play mp3 sounds?

No only wave files are supported yet. try decreasing sound quality and bitrate it will help to decrease the file size

Grand Hunting Project