VC:MP Launcher

Started by George, Feb 01, 2016, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

Quote from: George on Feb 01, 2016, 11:55 PMVC:MP Launcher: https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/acbe9704c071c7b600477543c88f6ebbc9cf4ce1ac39752e98d9c53dfaabfa8a/analysis/1454369626/
The launcher updater: https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/b6ae7ed8ca2b1bb1636650330d4ad0f4d3afc92c5138ed0ffd919481353f289f/analysis/1454370294/

The "HEUR/QVM03.0.Malware.Gen" is a suspicious of the .NET WebClient class which I used in both applications. Some anti-virus has added it to whitelist but some doesn't.
Qihoo 360 is very bad! >:(

Murdock

Nice work, I hope you'll consider open-source ;)

KAKAN

Quote from: Murdock on Feb 02, 2016, 08:06 AMNice work, I hope you'll consider open-source ;)
He won't. Who would want his hard work open-source so that other can claim it as there own by doing some minor changes?( like changing the credits lol )
oh no

SunnY

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 02, 2016, 08:32 AM
Quote from: Murdock on Feb 02, 2016, 08:06 AMNice work, I hope you'll consider open-source ;)
He won't. Who would want his hard work open-source so that other can claim it as there own by doing some minor changes?( like changing the credits lol )

It is possible, but If anybody does that he will look nothing but a complete retard. I mean, this is the only VCMP forum everybody knows who is the real owner/scripter (or whatever you call it) of this VCMP launcher.
Or I guess, it will be dealth in private. ;)

KAKAN

Quote from: SunnY on Feb 02, 2016, 12:00 PM

It is possible, but If anybody does that he will look nothing but a complete retard. I mean, this is the only VCMP forum everybody knows who is the real owner/scripter (or whatever you call it) of this VCMP launcher.
Then this post must be stickied to let others know who's the real scripter of it.
oh no

Anik

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 02, 2016, 02:14 PM
Quote from: SunnY on Feb 02, 2016, 12:00 PM

Then this post must be stickied to let others know who's the real scripter of it.
Agreed

Thijn

It is an unofficial launcher and therefor I wont necessarily sticky this. Maybe change the title to [UNOFFICIAL] VC:MP Launcher or something similar and it might, if this actually gets open-source'd.

It looks nice. How fast is it compared to the official browser?
And does it handle launching, checking for updates, and installing updates as well?

If it actually remembers the username and game path then that's more then good for me. The official one always forgets those and I have to enter them manually on each start. Which is a pain in the a$$.

Thijn

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 02, 2016, 05:03 PMIf it actually remembers the username and game path then that's more then good for me. The official one always forgets those and I have to enter them manually on each start. Which is a pain in the a$$.
Not heard that bug before... I've not had to re-enter anything since I initially installed when it was in private testing..

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 02, 2016, 05:17 PMNot heard that bug before... I've not had to re-enter anything since I initially installed when it was in private testing..

I had to do that ever since I've known about VC:MP no mater the OS. XP, 7, 8, 10, x32/x64, admin/regular privileges, compatibility modes etc. you name it. I've tried it all. If I open the config files the values are there but when the browser starts... nothing. Not the first time I've complained about this.

ysc3839

If I have enough time, I would make one and open source. However, .NET can be decompile, so release the exe means release the source code. :P

KAKAN

Well, the thing that SLC told is false and true too. That bug doesn't happens to me on my Desktop, while on the laptop, it does.
oh no

Stormeus

All the 0.4 plugins are open-source and honestly it's made maintaining them so much easier. A bunch of bugfixes in Squirrel, for example, are thanks to community contributors finding and fixing issues.

We were also planning on making our own official refresh of the browser though that's been on the backburner for a while, so it's nice to have this in the interim.

KAKAN

Then why the official VCMP browser is not open-source?
Well, think of this, this browser is far more better than the official one. It is worthy to be the official one.
oh no

George

Unfortunately, the game connection is through the official browser because I don't know how exactly the vcmp injection is done, I've tried so many ways and doesn't worked. And the launcher doesn't update the vcmp client due to same thing, I don't know how it's done.

If Stormeus helps with that, it would be amazing and I'll be thankful.