Will it support multilanguge?

Started by ysc3839, Feb 22, 2016, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

KAKAN

Nah, I don't think so, he uses the same way as the VCMP official browser does, i.e, load the fonts/chars from an bitmap file.
But if he does, then it will be a good idea. Stormeus didn't make the GUI things, I want to see that in this client too. George is also busy in his work, like Stormeus.
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 22, 2016, 04:16 PMNah, I don't think so, he uses the same way as the VCMP official browser does, i.e, load the fonts/chars from an bitmap file.
But if he does, then it will be a good idea. Stormeus didn't make the GUI things, I want to see that in this client too. George is also busy in his work, like Stormeus.
Maybe you are wrong. VCMP browser uses system window. Not a bitmap file. And George's browser uses XAML window. It's no problem to support multilanguage.

Stormeus

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 22, 2016, 04:23 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 22, 2016, 04:16 PMNah, I don't think so, he uses the same way as the VCMP official browser does, i.e, load the fonts/chars from an bitmap file.
Maybe you are wrong. VCMP browser uses system window. Not a bitmap file.

VC:MP's client loads the extended Latin charset from the system font, then caches it into a DirectX bitmap.

George

Yeah, it's possible, but it's really necessary make it multilanguage asap?
Will be a hard job to do so, however I'm already thinking about do it hereafter.

ysc3839

Quote from: George on Feb 23, 2016, 03:17 AMYeah, it's possible, but it's really necessary make it multilanguage asap?
Will be a hard job to do so, however I'm already thinking about do it hereafter.
If you can open source, I could help you.

Thijn

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 23, 2016, 05:37 AM
Quote from: George on Feb 23, 2016, 03:17 AMYeah, it's possible, but it's really necessary make it multilanguage asap?
He already told you, not gonna happen.

I personally don't see the point in translating such a small program. If you're doing it right all you use it for is picking a server that probably has an English name in a big list and connect. Maybe some people will even learn some English using the client...

I have to agree with @Thijn on this one.

aXXo

Some of you might not be aware of the scale of VCMP's Chinese community.
In their timezone, some chink server peaks up to 40 players consistently.

I went in there once out of curiosity and found a whole new world, totally cut of from rest of VCMP community(typical chinese, eh?)
- 99 Files to download
- There is a Japanese like looking island in Ocean Beach. Some whack mapping.
- No-one speaks English. If you try to communicate in English, you are despised.
- EVERYONE can rocket glitch.

It was fun.

ysc3839

Quote from: aXXo on Feb 23, 2016, 07:19 PMSome of you might not be aware of the scale of VCMP's Chinese community.
In their timezone, some chink server peaks up to 40 players consistently.

I went in there once out of curiosity and found a whole new world, totally cut of from rest of VCMP community(typical chinese, eh?)
- 99 Files to download
- There is a Japanese like looking island in Ocean Beach. Some whack mapping.
- No-one speaks English. If you try to communicate in English, you are despised.
- EVERYONE can rocket glitch.

It was fun.
Yes I'm from China. But I not often go to servers. (Because I don't have time.) We use Chinese pinyin to communicate in the server. That's why I want to write a plugin to make VC:MP supports multilanguage. :)

EK.IceFlake

Oh god...
YOU ARE FREAKING YSC YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECOMPILE THIS WITH EASE!!!

ysc3839

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 24, 2016, 03:21 PM
Oh god...
I know it. But I can't make any changs into George's code.

Thijn

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 24, 2016, 04:01 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 24, 2016, 03:21 PM
Oh god...
I know it. But I can't make any changs into George's code.
Exactly. There's a difference between being able to, and allowed to.

EK.IceFlake

You can ask him for permission, obviously. I asked him for using his code and he allowed me.

ysc3839

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 26, 2016, 10:24 AMYou can ask him for permission, obviously. I asked him for using his code and he allowed me.
I'm not using his code. I need to change his code.