[ GameMode ] VC:MP Blank Server ( 21st March, 2021 )

Started by Sebastian, Oct 21, 2014, 09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deserves xmlconf04rel plugin to be updated ?

Yes
No

Thijn

Mötley

Only checked due to i have Windows XP and security is low on XP

Thijn

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 05, 2016, 12:56 AMOnly checked due to i have Windows XP and security is low on XP
I said "what?" because you're not going to see anything with a java decompiler because nothing in vc-mp is made in java.

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 06, 2016, 11:44 AM
Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 05, 2016, 12:56 AMOnly checked due to i have Windows XP and security is low on XP
I said "what?" because you're not going to see anything with a java decompiler because nothing in vc-mp is made in java.
Maybe the application name is that and it decompiles C++ DLLs instead of .jar files :P
oh no

Mötley

QuoteI said "what?" because you're not going to see anything with a java decompiler because nothing in vc-mp is made in java.

It will decompile majority of any file regardless of what it is, when it does not it shows two letters, it will show at least enough text to show the file is accurate. as i can read the text and understand

Castiel

Anyone able to verify that these aren't infected?

Finch Real

My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Stormeus

Quote from: Castiel on Mar 11, 2016, 07:53 AMAnyone able to verify that these aren't infected?

The bundle is clean but the SQLite plugin is flagged by false PUP positives. Some searching shows that the malware it's flagged as has no unwanted behavior and was erroneously added, for example:

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Adware:Win32/Agent.C

The binary also matches the debug info from when it was compiled, so it wasn't modified by a self-replicating trojan.

Sebastian

Update (05.04.2016)
  • updated squirrel plugins and executives.

Sebastian

Update (05.05.2016)

POLL: Deserves xmlconf04rel plugin to be updated ? I find it old fashioned.
Pretty sure there are scripters that sets something in server.conf then cancels in script. They just keep using the plugin because they think this is the way of running a VC:MP Server.
In my opinion, people should stick to one way.
(but ofc, I might be wrong, so there's the poll !)

KAKAN

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 05, 2016, 10:09 PMUpdate (05.05.2016)

POLL: Deserves xmlconf04rel plugin to be updated ? I find it old fashioned.
Pretty sure there are scripters that sets something in server.conf then cancels in script. They just keep using the plugin because they think this is the way of running a VC:MP Server.
In my opinion, people should stick to one way.
(but ofc, I might be wrong, so there's the poll !)
I'll vote yes, because newbies still find it easy to use the functions from server.conf
Though I hate using that, but when I was a newbie, I liked it a lot :D
oh no

SirYohan

Used your script to set up a server and did so successfully. Got it online as well. However, there are no vehicles in the map :c what am I  missing?

Sebastian

Quote from: SirYohan on May 12, 2016, 03:24 PMUsed your script to set up a server and did so successfully. Got it online as well. However, there are no vehicles in the map :c what am I  missing?

It is what you should expect from a blank script.
It is only the base/foundation of a future gamemode.

KAKAN

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 20, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote from: SirYohan on May 12, 2016, 03:24 PMUsed your script to set up a server and did so successfully. Got it online as well. However, there are no vehicles in the map :c what am I  missing?

It is what you should expect from a blank script.
It is only the base/foundation of a future gamemode.
Didn't read the topic. Well, @SirYohan if you want vehicles, then here's a good script for you:-
https://bitbucket.org/stormeus/vl8-pb400/src
But, there are something missing in that. If you only want vehicles, then:-
https://bitbucket.org/stormeus/vl8-pb400/raw/97957ce06cf26e3210bae62523b1e5c619e99cfd/Vehicles.nut
Copy that, paste it at the bottom of your script( alternatively you can make a new file and load it too ) then, at your onScriptLoad event, add this line: LoadVehicles();
oh no

SirYohan