[PREVIEW] New VCMP browser

Started by ysc3839, Mar 13, 2016, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 14, 2016, 09:10 PMIf you are able to could you attempt to make this look just a little fancy,

Reason:

The Program may look like a windows 95 program, or appear to look like a Microsoft Excel page.
I am not dis owning your work, I am only making some type of suggestion,.
I like the idea and hope your efforts open up amazing possibilities ;)
What? You should see the official browser. I truned on the visual styles on the list view. I can give you a screenshot that turns off "common controls 6.0". :(
Finally, I just want to use the Windows UI, no other things would be added.
Also see this. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh270423(v=vs.85).aspx

ysc3839

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 14, 2016, 05:02 PMFuck beauty. Make it fast, make it work. Most people (I do) open up the browser, select the server and join. Max time I stare at the browser is a few seconds. The faster and fluent the interface is, the better. In my opinion.
I want to make a simple but powerful browser.

ysc3839

Quote from: rwwpl on Mar 14, 2016, 08:59 PMMaybe add easy edit vcmp_config.txt in browser? Something like this: Enter the browser -> Settings -> Config and here have columns from vcmp_config.txt
I'll consider.

...D[o]N...

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 14, 2016, 05:02 PMFuck beauty. Make it fast, make it work. Most people (I do) open up the browser, select the server and join. Max time I stare at the browser is a few seconds. The faster and fluent the interface is, the better. In my opinion.
Same :P

KAKAN

Best of luck! That browser looks COOL!
P.S:- Is it going to be open source?
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 19, 2016, 02:13 AMBest of luck! That browser looks COOL!
P.S:- Is it going to be open source?
It will open source! :D

ysc3839

VCMP LAN!

I want to make this browser support LAN search. This is what I did.

Test code: https://bitbucket.org/snippets/ysc3839/B8oR4

It broadcast the query to a range of ports and receive server's reply.

EK.IceFlake

I had a similar idea, a universal masterlist that scans every single possible ip and port for servers, basically brute force server address

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 19, 2016, 05:15 PMI had a similar idea, a universal masterlist that scans every single possible ip and port for servers, basically brute force server address

This is the worst VC:MP idea I've heard in a long time.

ysc3839

KAKAN

Well, is it going to support string like ip-address( i.e, for ex: mydomain.noip.me)?
I don't have time to check the whole source code for that thing :P So it would be better if you tell me :D
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 19, 2016, 06:26 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 19, 2016, 05:15 PMI had a similar idea, a universal masterlist that scans every single possible ip and port for servers, basically brute force server address

xD
This is for messing with players who are trying to test their servers

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 20, 2016, 11:39 AMWell, is it going to support string like ip-address( i.e, for ex: mydomain.noip.me)?
I don't have time to check the whole source code for that thing :P So it would be better if you tell me :D
Currently I just finished UI. So you can't see it in the code. Domain name will be support. The browser will store domain instead of IP address.

ysc3839

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 20, 2016, 11:56 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 19, 2016, 06:26 PM

xD
This is for messing with players who are trying to test their servers
You can add this in your browser. But I won't.