Client Update Released (May 3)

Started by maxorator, May 03, 2016, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxorator

Some updates for 04rel004 have been incrementally coming in the last week, but I haven't yet documented them:

• Files ending with _mem.nut or _mem.xml not saved to disk
  • Added Script.CompileString() and include() (dofile only once)
  • Ability to remove the whole default map by having store/maps/hidevicecity.txt file
  • If present store/maps/waterpro.dat is used instead of the default one
  • Support for object.dat definitions for custom objects
  • Support for custom carcols (store/vehicles/carcols.xml), starting at 100
  • Increased the limit of particle generators (nearly exhausted by default) from 70 to 250
  • Custom tree (1), traffic light (2) or fire hydrant (4) models (<special value="#num"/>)
  • LOD does not have to immediately follow the main object in XML anymore
  • Player render distance increased (only Tommy was seen from far away previously)
  • Fixed GUI 3D properties not usable because they start with a number (3DSize -> Size3D etc)
  • Fixed custom chainsaw sound
  • Fixed a crash related to custom object collisions
  • Fixed a crash when custom vehicle parts were lying around on disconnect
  • Fixed empty files in store crashing the client
  • Checkpoint entry/exit works using vehicle/player collisions now instead of distance check
  • Support for custom timecyc.dat (goes to store/maps/timecyc.dat)

Sample fire hydrant XML:
[spoiler]    <object id="214">
        <flags value="0"/>
        <texture path="dynhydrent.txd"/>
        <collision path="generic.col" name="fire_hydrant"/>
        <model path="fire_hydrant.dff" distance="40.000000"/>
        <special value="4"/>
        <physics>
            <mass>150.000000</mass>
            <turnmass>50.000000</turnmass>
            <airresistance>0.990000</airresistance>
            <elasticity>0.030000</elasticity>
            <percentsubmerged>50.000000</percentsubmerged>
            <uprootlimit>100.000000</uprootlimit>
            <damagemultiplier>1.000000</damagemultiplier>
            <collisioneffect>1</collisioneffect>
            <collisionresponse>0</collisionresponse>
            <cameraavoids>false</cameraavoids>
        </physics>
    </object>
[/spoiler]

Sample carcols XML:
[spoiler]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<carcols>
    <colour id="0" r="30" g="30" b="30"/>
    <colour id="1" r="250" g="140" b="140"/>
</carcols>
[/spoiler]

Sebastian

Just wanted to flood the city, but unfortunately SetWaterLevel function is not working with custom waterpro.dat. :(
Hope there is something Devs can do about it.

EDIT: @maxorator what can you tell us about this ? :D

DizzasTeR

The onCheckpointExit event still not fixed? for Spheres.

rww

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 03, 2016, 11:20 AMJust wanted to flood the city, but unfortunately SetWaterLevel function is not working with custom waterpro.dat. :(

Better custom timecyc ;)
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

KAKAN

I don't know about those DATs thing. Can someone explain it to me?
From what I guess, we can use custom DATs file with the name from the data folder?
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Well then. I'm not playing on servers which have _mem with them. This makes me angry! Why cant people friendship and share stuff. Why they have to selfish and use stuff only for themselves :(
EDIT: to let you know, I'll simply capture the packet and copy paste it. If someone uses _mem, I will capture it and explicitly release it on my forum.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:25 PMWell then. I'm not playing on servers which have _mem with them. This makes me angry! Why cant people friendship and share stuff. Why they have to selfish and use stuff only for themselves :(
EDIT: to let you know, I'll simply capture the packet and copy paste it. If someone uses _mem, I will capture it and explicitly release it on my forum.

Thanks for the shoutout, banned you.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 03, 2016, 01:32 PM
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:25 PMWell then. I'm not playing on servers which have _mem with them. This makes me angry! Why cant people friendship and share stuff. Why they have to selfish and use stuff only for themselves :(

Then I'll use another PC and release all your files. You'd better unban me.

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:25 PM...Why cant people friendship and share stuff. Why they have to selfish and use stuff only for themselves :(

It's not about sharing you nab. It's about the fact that it exposes how your server side system works. And if the right person obtains that information then it could be used for malicious stuff. Trolling your server as much as he wants. Not sure if you noticed but everything has a weakness. And for the average VCMP scripter you have to use the plural of that word.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on May 03, 2016, 01:48 PM
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:25 PM...Why cant people friendship and share stuff. Why they have to selfish and use stuff only for themselves :(

It's not about sharing you nab. It's about the fact that it exposes how your server side system works. And if the right person obtains that information then it could be used for malicious stuff. Trolling your server as much as he wants. Not sure if you noticed but everything has a weakness. And for the average VCMP scripter you have to use the plural of that word.
"The right person"...
Well the right person will find a way no matter how hard you try. In fact I was determined and I found the file in dooms server. Also for proof it is:
/script/lobby-mem.nut

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:55 PM"The right person"...
Well the right person will find a way no matter how hard you try. In fact I was determined and I found the file in dooms server. Also for proof it is:
/script/lobby-mem.nut

Yes but if it's in compiled form then making much sense from it is going to take a lot more work.

maxorator

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 03, 2016, 11:20 AMJust wanted to flood the city, but unfortunately SetWaterLevel function is not working with custom waterpro.dat. :(

Oh, totally forgot about that. Added it to the list and a sample XML too.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 03, 2016, 12:10 PMThe onCheckpointExit event still not fixed? for Spheres.
@Doom_Kill3R
Checkpoint entry/exit uses vehicle/player collisions now, check if it works for you now.

ysc3839

Use old 04rel004 and it will save to disk.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:44 PMThen I'll use another PC and release all your files. You'd better unban me.

You don't say, trust me, I would love to see you get your hands on my source. Don't expect me to run server until this is not 100% secure.

:edit: @maxorator I've tried it, onCheckpointEnter works for sphere, but onCheckpointExit doesn't

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on May 03, 2016, 01:44 PM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 03, 2016, 01:32 PM

Then I'll use another PC and release all your files. You'd better unban me.
Why soo jealous?