When was the first released version of vcmp

Started by EightyVice, May 08, 2016, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EightyVice

When was the first released version of vcmp 8)

Murdock

Somewhere in 2005 VC:MP 0.1 made its first appearance, you can see the first dev video of VC:MP here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f6UlHmZLuY

If you'd like to read more about the history of VC:MP check out this page http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Vice_City_Multiplayer

vito

Quote from: Murdock on May 08, 2016, 05:13 PMIf you'd like to read more about the history of VC:MP check out this page http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Vice_City_Multiplayer
water from fire truck, fpv from heli... when vc-mp was broken ? :(

Stormeus

Quote from: vito on May 08, 2016, 05:28 PM
Quote from: Murdock on May 08, 2016, 05:13 PMIf you'd like to read more about the history of VC:MP check out this page http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Vice_City_Multiplayer
water from fire truck, fpv from heli... when vc-mp was broken ? :(

Well, you could say VC:MP was broken around 0.2 when we tried adding custom objects but ended up with an unstable release that crashed a lot. Or you could say VC:MP was always broken until 0.4 because of the sync and how it always relied on SCM for functionality.

EightyVice

So VCMP made GTA VC releasing by rockstar after 3 or 2 years

Murdock

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 09, 2016, 04:18 PMSo VCMP made GTA VC releasing by rockstar after 3 or 2 years

Am I supposed to read that sentence backwards?
Vice City was released in 2002, when SA-MP was made they simply made it work with Vice City as well because it uses the same engine.
So yes, 3 years after the release of Vice City

EightyVice

Why rockstar didn't care about making multiplayer version for GTA VC

Thijn

Mötley

During MTA days Rockstar quoted something like as long as no one is making profit. Example buying specialty accounts, using real cash on the internet for game cash. as well as paying the developers of the mod. Its an old post but might still be on the internet as even though that was a decade ago :P

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on May 09, 2016, 07:00 PMGo ask that to Rockstar Games.
xd

Quote from: Mötley on May 09, 2016, 07:53 PMDuring MTA days Rockstar quoted something like as long as no one is making profit. Example buying specialty accounts, using real cash on the internet for game cash. as well as paying the developers of the mod. Its an old post but might still be on the internet as even though that was a decade ago :P
Can you link me to that post? :P

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 09, 2016, 05:33 PMWhy rockstar didn't care about making multiplayer version for GTA VC
Tell m why they didn't made a MP for GTA SA and I'll tell you this answer :P
oh no

Mötley

@KAKAN I will attempt to refind it but like I said that was a decade ago so that information is buried in the internet by now.

ysc3839

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 09, 2016, 05:33 PMWhy rockstar didn't care about making multiplayer version for GTA VC
There is some network codes in GTA3. Maybe R* thought it's not the time to support multiplayer.

Mötley

I was hoping that the re release of the Gta series of 3 vice and san Andreas on ps3 were going to have something special.

Stormeus

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 10, 2016, 07:16 AM
There is some network codes in GTA3. Maybe R* thought it's not the time to support multiplayer.

IIRC they were still planning on it but didn't have the time to finish it before release.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on May 10, 2016, 12:44 PM
Quote from: ysc3839 on May 10, 2016, 07:16 AM

IIRC they were still planning on it but didn't have the time to finish it before release.
We're lucky to have an awesome team of devs who are working nonprofit :)