[ #D~ Tools ] Map Editor

Started by DizzasTeR, Aug 16, 2015, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Fixed a few very minor bugsCan you tell me what were the bugs? Just curious to know as I myself didn't have any bugs.
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 12, 2016, 06:24 PMCan you tell me what were the bugs? Just curious to know as I myself didn't have any bugs.

Compare the files and see the differences. Some changes are simply too small and too many to keep track of. And simply can't be explained. For example, you add an extra if statement to check if you received the correct type. That's a fix/improvement where that's not worthy to be documented. And you can always compare files to see the difference.

Finch Real

Quote from: . on Jun 12, 2016, 06:26 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 12, 2016, 06:24 PMCan you tell me what were the bugs? Just curious to know as I myself didn't have any bugs.

Compare the files and see the differences. Some changes are simply too small and too many to keep track of. And simply can't be explained. For example, you add an extra if statement to check if you received the correct type. That's a fix/improvement where that's not worthy to be documented. And you can always compare files to see the difference.

Hahahhaha
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 12, 2016, 06:11 PM
Update - v1.3
-    Changelog - v1.3
-    ► Updated to latest server version
-    ► Fixed a few very minor bugs
-    ► Added client-sided gui labels

Well, nothing much to say, enjoy ;)

~ Regards,
~ Doom_Kill3R!

Cool job once again @Doom
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

[Serious]Sam

Nice, but you can't select objects without collision so I added this cmds)))
else if( cmd == "allobjects" || cmd == "objects" || cmd == "getobjects" )
{
    for( local i = 0; i < objCreated; i++ )
{
local obj = FindObject(i);
if( obj ) MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][OBJECT]: [#ffffff]Object model: " + obj.Model + " Object ID: "+ obj.ID , player );
        }
}

else if( cmd == "selectobject" )
{
    if(text)
{
   local obj = FindObject( text.tointeger() );
       local plr = FindPlayer( player.ID );
       Object[ plr.ID ] = obj;
       pData[ player.ID ].Editing = true;
       MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][SELECT]: [#ffffff]Selected object " + text.tointeger() , player );
       return 1;
}
else
    MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][SELECT]: [#ffffff]/selectobject [ID] ", player );
}
For map with small count of objects)))

DizzasTeR

Nice addition, I'll surely keep that in the future versions with your credits! ;)

EK.IceFlake

I think you should getplayeraimpos and then find the closest object @Doom_Kill3R

DizzasTeR

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jul 07, 2016, 03:51 PMI think you should getplayeraimpos and then find the closest object @Doom_Kill3R

Some of the bigger objects are not having collisions and thus camera mode (freeview script) gets in handy to stay at the top, in that case you are not aiming so your idea won't work.

[Serious]Sam

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 07, 2016, 03:15 PMNice addition, I'll surely keep that in the future versions with your credits! ;)
You know, i can add more helping commands or bind keys like this, but i started learning the Squirrel and SQLiteDB 4 days ago)
And that's some easy for me because i have some experience from HTML, C++, C, Pascalshit))) If you need some help or just wanna play together text me)))

[Serious]Sam

And yeah, your Editor it's a good thing, it makes so easy to add objects on the map, thank you:D :D ;)

Omar

Quote from: [Serious]Sam on Jul 07, 2016, 01:06 PMNice, but you can't select objects without collision so I added this cmds)))
else if( cmd == "allobjects" || cmd == "objects" || cmd == "getobjects" )
{
    for( local i = 0; i < objCreated; i++ )
{
local obj = FindObject(i);
if( obj ) MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][OBJECT]: [#ffffff]Object model: " + obj.Model + " Object ID: "+ obj.ID , player );
        }
}

else if( cmd == "selectobject" )
{
    if(text)
{
   local obj = FindObject( text.tointeger() );
       local plr = FindPlayer( player.ID );
       Object[ plr.ID ] = obj;
       pData[ player.ID ].Editing = true;
       MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][SELECT]: [#ffffff]Selected object " + text.tointeger() , player );
       return 1;
}
else
    MessagePlayer( "[#00CC00][SELECT]: [#ffffff]/selectobject [ID] ", player );
}
For map with small count of objects)))
OMG dude I came here to suggest that and you did it! Thank you very much. Waiting for this to be in the official script :D :D :D.

Omar

At line 725 you forgot "local i = ......." so it outputs an error. I fixed it myself but I'm posting to inform :D

DizzasTeR

Update - v1.3.2
-   Changelog - v1.3.2
-   ► Fixed /desall @ Thanks to Omar for pointint it out!
-   ► Fixed /closemap working as savemap; Note that if you map but didn't save and did closemap, changes will be lost!
-   ► Added /selectobject || /editobject to edito the object ID specified; Useful for objects which can't be shot/collided @ Idea by [Serious]Sam.
-   ► Added /objects || /allobjects to get a list of every object created with its ID and model @ Idea by [Serious]Sam.

Oh damn another update.... oops :D

Well, another step to improve this resource, hope you guys take the most advantage of it and enjoy mapping!

First post link updated!

~ Regards,
~ Doom_Kill3R!

KAKAN

This updated version is for 04rel04 or 03?
oh no

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 12, 2016, 06:11 PM
Update - v1.3
-    Changelog - v1.3
-    ► Updated to latest server version
-    ► Fixed a few very minor bugs
-    ► Added client-sided gui labels

Does that question make sense? Anyway, yes the editor works with the latest server version that is 04rel004.

kennedyarz

error in?