Install a OS inside windows

Started by Mötley, Jun 24, 2016, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Is it possible to install a OS inside of windows without needing the iso disc anymore?
Just curious. I do not think it is possible, But I would like to hope that it is, I could still see reasons why you would need the iso.

*Lost my USB so I cant create a live USB install.

#installing Zorin OS

Thijn

You can install windows from within windows, yes.
But other OSes that need a bootable disk you probably cannot.

Why not grab yourself a spare USB?

Mötley

Can not seem to find one at the moment.
Which sucks.
As I would of been done by now.
I think the real confusion is windows to windows, but with windows to linux "No clue"

EK.IceFlake

Try copying the iso contents to a hard drive partition and setting bootmgr to boot from it, then installing it

Mötley

Can I do that on the HDD I am currently using, If so If you are fimiliar with doing this if you have the time could you help me find CORRECT documentation on this ?

@ext-d.CrystalBlue

ysc3839

You even don't need a USB flash disk. Search "nt6 hdd installer".

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Mötley on Jun 25, 2016, 12:12 AMCan I do that on the HDD I am currently using, If so If you are fimiliar with doing this if you have the time could you help me find CORRECT documentation on this ?

@ext-d.CrystalBlue
Well I tried this once, but I don't have any documentation.
You just have to make a partition, put the CD shet there and configure bootmgr add a new OS which points to that partition. Reboot your computer and select this new installation and then you can install it like normal. Afterwards you can remove the installation partition.

KAKAN

VirtualBox, if you don't have a USB. Note: It won't work with Live USBs
oh no

Mötley

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 25, 2016, 03:50 AMYou even don't need a USB flash disk. Search "nt6 hdd installer".

I will ensure to look into this.

QuoteWell I tried this once, but I don't have any documentation.
You just have to make a partition, put the CD shet there and configure bootmgr add a new OS which points to that partition. Reboot your computer and select this new installation and then you can install it like normal. Afterwards you can remove the installation partition.
This as well

:P I got bored and upgraded to Vista...

EK.IceFlake

When windows 10 wasn't released I <3 vista :D
Unfortunately everyone was telling me shit like 'windows xp is the safest os!'
I always hated Windows XP

Mötley

Funny thing is when I bought vista I began to be one of the users to deal with game saves deleting, That info can be found over the web. So I downgraded. Other than that I really liked Vista. I havent used the upgrade disc since that day I got pissed off and downgraded many years ago, Seems I settled for XP profesional, Not home edition, I Beleave 32 bit operating systems were cheaper back then. I think these days it doesnt matter.

Maybe the os is confused as I have a quad core but it says In Vista options that 50% of my cpu is being used XP said 10%. I know the Vista build is huge. Seems the cpu is still stable 42 degrees Fahrenheit. Cpu sometimes runs around 27%

EightyVice

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jun 25, 2016, 07:35 AMWhen windows 10 wasn't released I <3 vista :D
Unfortunately everyone was telling me shit like 'windows xp is the safest os!'
I always hated Windows XP
Iam Love windows XP it was awesome in its work but in Vista was the worst os that i saw , Vista was a More Graphic OS , functionality is  less , but adding Adminstrator accessing was a good idea but i still hate Vista

Mötley

Yeah it's cool.. If it were improved I could settle. As well better coding support.

[MLP]Rarity

Vista is currently the shittiest OS, Windows 7 is currently the best but we still waiting microsoft to update Windows 10 and it will be the best OS and beat Windows 7.

ysc3839

Quote from: [MLP]Rarity on Jun 26, 2016, 02:42 AMVista is currently the shittiest OS, Windows 7 is currently the best but we still waiting microsoft to update Windows 10 and it will be the best OS and beat Windows 7.
I think Win10 is the best. It's memory usage is lower than Vista and Win7 in my laptop(1GB memory). Only behind XP.