website problem?

Started by Kewun, Aug 21, 2016, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewun

ysc3839

KAKAN

Yup, it happened with me 2 times today. But clicking on "Retry for a live version" loads the correct webpage :D
oh no

Kewun

Quote from: ysc3839 on Aug 21, 2016, 12:18 PMYour IP: 69.69.69.69

i know ;/ forgot to edit with paint to cover it

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Thijn

Nothing you can do about it. It's probably being DDOS'd or it's just a shitty VPS :P

Stormeus

Quote from: Thijn on Aug 21, 2016, 08:46 PMNothing you can do about it. It's probably being DDOS'd or it's just a shitty VPS :P

This actually tends to happen when VR's caching server craps out on occasion. :P

jayant

Happens with me almost everyday..Retrying 3-4 times loads the forum..

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Aug 21, 2016, 08:46 PMNothing you can do about it. It's probably being DDOS'd or it's just a shitty VPS :P
Are you sure? Do you think this is the right website to host on a VPS!? VPS are for small websites, its not a very good idea to host this forum. Anyways you luckily have cloudflare otherwise you were bound to be doomed

Kirollos

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Aug 25, 2016, 07:59 AM
Are you sure? Do you think this is the right website to host on a VPS!? VPS are for small websites, its not a very good idea to host this forum. Anyways you luckily have cloudflare otherwise you were bound to be doomed

Then where is it supposed to be hosted? I'm pretty sure this forum doesn't even hit 100 users per day, so a VPS (from a good provider ofc) is suitable enough to hold vc-mp's forum traffic..

KAKAN

A funny chat on this:
<Kirollos>[08:26:56] "Are you sure? Do you think this is the right website to host on a VPS!? VPS are for small websites, its not a very good idea to host this forum. Anyways you luckily have cloudflare otherwise you were bound to be doomed"
<Kirollos>[08:26:58] wtf
<Kirollos>[08:27:03] where is the forum supposed to be hosted then
<SLC>[08:31:28] a dedicated server with 512GB DDR4 ECC, 4x Xeon 24 cores 48 threads @4.0 Ghz, 128TB SSD RAID storage and 4x 10 Gbit/s network connections
<SLC>[08:32:12] how quick did people forget that we used to host stuff on shared web-hosting and cheap ones for that matter
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Don't make me crave for that dedicated server pl0x 8)

KAKAN

Ok, from some days, this is not happening, good( probably DDoS'r left VCMP :p ). It was not happening before too :D
oh no

Thijn

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Aug 25, 2016, 07:59 AM
Lol. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
If you really believe every site that has more then ~100k page views a month is gonna need a big fat dedicated machine you're wrong :P
Without cloudflare this forum would've easily be hosted on a small VPS with 2GB of ram and 2 cores.

The VU forum has around 280k pageviews a month and while it's on a dedicated server now, it isn't giving a load of more then 0.15 on average.
You over estimate the amount of resources you need for a website :P

This forum is just using cloudflare to mask the real IP so bad people don't DDoS is so easily.

EK.IceFlake

If someone has capability to DDoS it, they have the capability to brute force its IP too
Especially considering we know your forum is hosted on an OVH server which drastically reduces the IPs we need to search through