[C++] Vice Racing

Started by Shadow, Aug 23, 2016, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piterus

Hey Shadow! Nice server, nice map ;)
VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Shadow

Quote from: Piterus on Aug 26, 2016, 04:57 PMHey Shadow! Nice server, nice map ;)

Thanks. On that note, I would like to ask people what kind of tracks would they like to see most? Circuits? Sprints? Drag races?
Also, if you have a map mod that is suitable for races, let me know and I'll add it asap. :)
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EK.IceFlake

Good idea... microsecond accuracy when our pings are more than milliseconds

Shadow

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Aug 26, 2016, 07:59 PMGood idea... microsecond accuracy when our pings are more than milliseconds

The function used returns the time with microsecond accuracy. It is also used for other things such as timing events. I don't see what's your problem and why do you care about 4 bytes of memory which aren't even on your machine. Performance is still significantly better because no squirrel is involved. If you really want to mindlessly comment on something, go comment on open-source plugins like the official squirrel plugin and maybe help with pull requests.

Kewun

Sprints are cool for me.

KAKAN

All the kinds are OK for me, but my fav. is Sprint as it's the most easiest one to do :p
oh no

Shovon^

When will the server be hosted???
Iam the best and i only believe in Allah

Conatact me here on IRC:  #shovon^ @LUnet

Shadow

Quote from: Shovon^ on Aug 27, 2016, 11:10 AMWhen will the server be hosted???

Once the linux version works as expected. Which shouldn't be too far from now. The server is still in some sort of beta because there are some bugs that occur at times but I need to find out why they happen. So I'd be thankful if people could report when and how bugs happen to them using /reportbug and then post about it here. Please report anything you find weird or strange. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

EK.IceFlake

Well, what is the use of microsecond accuracy when your ping is on the order of milliseconds...
my point is, the 'microsecond accuracy' is going to be a few milliseconds off, and the low pingers will get an advantage over the high pingers

Not that I care about it

Shadow

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Aug 27, 2016, 12:11 PMWell, what is the use of microsecond accuracy when your ping is on the order of milliseconds...
my point is, the 'microsecond accuracy' is going to be a few milliseconds off, and the low pingers will get an advantage over the high pingers

Not that I care about it

On the same logic, what is the use of player sync in VC:MP when laggers are not going to have a decent gameplay due to the high pings.

Also, please suggest some map modes that you would like to see added in the server (e.g: Deathsquad Interstate 420-C).

KAKAN

Quote from: Shadow on Aug 27, 2016, 12:59 PMAlso, please suggest some map modes that you would like to see added in the server (e.g: Deathsquad Interstate 420-C).
I can suggest some, but I think you can't add them due to copyrights...
Here's my suggestion( from Asphalt 8: Airbone ):
  • Sector 8
  • London
  • Barcelona
I've a lot more maps :p
oh no

Shadow

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 27, 2016, 01:41 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Aug 27, 2016, 12:59 PMAlso, please suggest some map modes that you would like to see added in the server (e.g: Deathsquad Interstate 420-C).
I can suggest some, but I think you can't add them due to copyrights...
Here's my suggestion( from Asphalt 8: Airbone ):
  • Sector 8
  • London
  • Barcelona
I've a lot more maps :p

Preferably, maps that are already released on VC modding sites, I forgot to specify :p. And no, I won't convert maps from other games because of obvious reasons.

Xmair

How about circuit races? :3

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Shadow

Quote from: Xmair on Aug 27, 2016, 03:44 PMHow about circuit races? :3

They are scheduled for the next update. Currently working on fixing bugs and getting the linux version to work.

Shadow

Changelog 27/08/2016 [11:29 PM local time]

• Done with cross-compatibility.
  • Server is now hosted on linux.

Big thanks to @. for helping me with setting up the VM and compiling the plugin.