Overcrowded!

Started by EK.IceFlake, Dec 04, 2016, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Holidays. Kids have more time. Meaning nabs have more time to copy/paste and keep an empty server online. You know, the usual.

After all, look at how many players are online. Pretty much the same amount of servers.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Dec 04, 2016, 04:53 PMMeaning nabs have more time to copy/paste and keep an empty server online.
He meant the players in VKs server( 49/50 ) and not the servers.
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Dec 04, 2016, 05:02 PMHe meant the players in VKs server( 49/50 ) and not the servers.

So? Increase the limit. Doesn't VCMP support up to 100 already? With the possibility of increasing that limit up to 254 if the time ever came. ( sourcing from @Stormeus )

EK.IceFlake

*Ahem* VRocker host *Ahem* Money
Also, this ain't empty.
Just the last minor patch update:
"Note: My previous computer broke like a month ago and that means that my todo list was lost. Due that fact this patch list might not include all the Changes. If you find a change that isn't here then feel free to message me about it.

Also my apologies I promised to do more smaller patches and release them faster. I will try my best to do that for patch 3.5

Patch 3.4

General
- Lots of new custom content are now available check the zone section for more information.
- A menu has been added for team Purple and team black. Team Purple contains the 3 new skins and team black contains the zone skins.
- An Icon and a pickup has been added for the zone so people can find it outside /zone.
- The admin office is now a hangout place for everyone. The admins should create a custom property if they want to have meetings alone. The doors are still there to be opened and closed, but people can teleport in there now  and save locs there.
- Admins over level 8 can now edit every property if help is needed.
- /wep can no longer be used while firing or aiming with some weapons. I understand that some players will be upset about this, since it is fun to use /wep this way, but unfortunately it makes players look like they are slide hacking. Since I don't want anyone to get banned for slide hacking when they are just using wep, I have decided to implement this.
- Stats padding by opening two games on the same computer should no longer work. Players who are doing it using a friend or two computers have to be reported like normal.
- The ban system has been upgraded and will be upgraded further soon.
- /talk through different Worlds is no longer possible.
- new announcements for the zone and jobs has been added.
- The Rainbow Dash skin now becomes invisible by itself and so does Another weapon.
- proploc is no longer possible from inside a vehice, since that kicks you from the server for no reason.
- If you're inside a custom property that is locked and you teleport Close the Icon, you don't get teleported back to Malibu anymore.
- Sensitvitiy 500 is back for the command.
- the /setpropwep bug should be once again fixed...
- Admins can no be ignored with /ignore. An admin can Always using /say to talk to the person, but the admin will be punished if /say is abused for anything other than admin duty.
- When an admin does /sellcar and the player is online, he should no receive his cash immediately.
- Menu's, spheres and Icons on the map has been added in the normal World for the jobs.
- /talk should now only be seen by players who are in the exact same World and in the right distance.
- /setpropweps have been fixed again.
- The spawn message for minigames have been improved.

The zone
- The zone is new place that is built from SA objects that are ported over to VC by Vito.
- In the zone you can hangout (you can't fight there) and buy upgrades.
- The map of the zone can be accessed by typing /gotoloc chillplace, but you have to type /zone to get into the real zone.
- Upgrades you can buy include skins, vehicles, objects and object/pickup upgrades. More things to buy will come to the zone with later patches. Note: Some upgrades can be unlocked through rewards as well.
- The zone can be found by typing /zone or by going to the pink Icon on the map.

Upgrades

Skins: All skins can be bought at the zone or unlocked by following /rewards.

There are 6 new skins: Spiderman, some anime guy, sonic, lotso, nemsis and nukem, that can you use once you get the upgrade. To find them simply go to team black's menu and select them. If you select them Before you got the upgrade you will just spawn as batman.

The skins cost 5m in the zone, which is expensive because you can also unlock them by just simply following /rewards. Unless you are rich it's recommended that follow /rewards to unlock them.

Objects: All objects can be bought at the zone and some can be unlocked by following /rewards. You can also reduce the price of them by following /rewards.

There are 13 objects from ID 6000 to 6012. You can use these objects in your custom property.

The objects cost 2m or 500 k if you've unlocked the discount upgrade with /rewards.

Vehicles: All vehicles can  be unlocked by purchasing them from the zone.

There are 2 vehicles that costs between 2.5 m to 5 m that can unlocked to be used as a property vehicle.

Pickup and Object upgrades: Object and pickup upgrades can be purchased at the zone or earned through /rewards.

A pickup and object upgrade increases your maximum object or pickup Count in a custom property by 5. You can for now only own 20 of each = 3000 objects and 2000 pickup limit.

They cost 250 k each and it's recommended that you unlock as many as possible through /rewards first, unless you are very rich.

Weapons: The weapons so far can only be unlocked through /rewards

There are two weapons a tree weapon and a garbage man weapon that are similiar to /wep box that can be used for fun once unlocked.

Other upgrades:
- Property upgrade 1-3: Property upgrade 1-3 is unlocked doing jobs. 1 decreases the custom property purchase price by 50 % and the custom property vehicle prices to 90 % of the original price. 2-3 decreases the price of custom property vehicles to 75 - 50 % procent.

Jobs
Jobs have been implemented into the server as an alternative to earn cash and to unlock more rewards. You can however only do the jobs a certain amount of times per day.

Lumberjack job: You are a lumberjack that Cuts down tree's  with a chainsaw. You can do the job 10 times per day and earn about 50-60 k. Right now the max level is 5. The higher level you get the better rewards you're going to unlock.

Garbage man: You are a garbage man picking up trash from the street and putting it into your garbage truck. You can do the job 10 times per day and earn about 50-60 k. The higher level you get the better rewards you're going to unlock.

A practise mode is available for players who just want to do the job for fun. More job levels will be added in the future. it takes about 10 Days to reach max level for now.

Commands
Here's a list of all the new commands added for the server.

/lumberjack: joins the lumberjack job.
/lumberjackpractise: joins a practise version of the lumberjack job that gives you no Money and can be completed as many times as you want.
/garbageman: joins the garbage man job.
/garbagemanpractise: joins a practise version of the garbageman job that gives you no Money and can be completed as many times as you want.
/rewards: Display a list of all the rewards you can unlock without spending any Money in the zone.
/gotoid: this command will let you go to an ID instead of the name. If you write a number between 0-100 in /goto a message will appear telling you about this command."

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Dec 04, 2016, 05:12 PM*Ahem* VRocker host *Ahem* Money

*Ahem* VPS *Ahem* Self hosted *Ahem*

With ~12EUR / month you can get quite a decent KVM vps. After all, you're not interested in a lot of RAM, you're interested in CPU and Bandwidth when it comes to VCMP servers.

Also, what is the point of this topic? if any.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Dec 04, 2016, 05:28 PMAlso, what is the point of this topic? if any.
He just wants to show that VKs has become the most popular server, nothing else :p.

Quote from: . on Dec 04, 2016, 05:06 PMSo? Increase the limit. Doesn't VCMP support up to 100 already? With the possibility of increasing that limit up to 254 if the time ever came. ( sourcing from @Stormeus )
That's useless. 50/50 is a rare thing. So, 50 slots is enough for a VCMP server.

Quote from: . on Dec 04, 2016, 05:28 PMWith ~12EUR / month you can get quite a decent KVM vps. After all, you're not interested in a lot of RAM, you're interested in CPU and Bandwidth when it comes to VCMP servers.
*Ahem* $15/yr *Ahem* Enough for VCMP server. *Ahem*
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Dec 04, 2016, 05:43 PM
Quote from: . on Dec 04, 2016, 05:28 PMAlso, what is the point of this topic? if any.
He just wants to show that VKs has become the most popular server, nothing else :p.

Oh, in that case, carry on. Not my busyness.

vito

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Dec 04, 2016, 05:12 PM- Admins can no be ignored with /ignore.
Bad, since alot of immature admins there shitting in chat.

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Quote from: vito on Dec 06, 2016, 08:58 AM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Dec 04, 2016, 05:12 PM- Admins can no be ignored with /ignore.
Bad, since alot of immature admins there shitting in chat.

I usually write the patch notes really fast, so I can get them out of the way. It's supposed to say "now" and not "no".

PunkNoodle

Overcrowded indeed! ;D

kennedyarz

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Quote from: ...happymint_ on Dec 25, 2016, 01:44 AMOvercrowded indeed! ;D

Thanks for making this post, that's a huge problem indeed lol. It appears as if someone joined the server from the same computer 34 times. To the best of knowledge something like this has never happened before. I'll be sure to add protection against this in the next patch.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: VK.Angel.OfDeath on Dec 25, 2016, 09:24 AM
Quote from: ...happymint_ on Dec 25, 2016, 01:44 AMOvercrowded indeed! ;D

Thanks for making this post, that's a huge problem indeed lol. It appears as if someone joined the server from the same computer 34 times. To the best of knowledge something like this has never happened before. I'll be sure to add protection against this in the next patch.
Don't make the limit 1, though. Make it at least 4.