VC radios always playing the same part

Started by PunkNoodle, Jun 22, 2017, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkNoodle

I'd like to know why, in years of playing VC:MP the radios are ALWAYS, and I mean it, playing the same bit. in K-Chat Gethsemanee or Mr.Zoo, in VCPR Alex Shrub and Pastor Richards, in Emotion there almost always Kate Bush, Wave 103: Keep feelin' fascination, Radio Espantoso: Mambo mucho mambo. Flash FM: Laura Branigan, etc. I could go on for every radio.

I literally never get to hear some songs like Love my way on Wave 103 or Missing you on Emotion 98.3

So at this point so much time has gone by that I can't really think it's just paranoia anymore. My question is how do radios work in VC:MP? is there a randomiser or something? Also what's different from singleplayer considering radios there are a lot varied.

DizzasTeR

Yeah, infact I'd spend idling in vehicle for long enough to hear some songs :D

Castagna

This is something that calls my attention as well. How much difference has the SP and VC:MP radio (if there is any?).  Making them a bit more dynamic would be perfect

krystianoo

My theory is that the radio is quite probably tied to SCM (game progression?) in singleplayer.

So the radio is acting as if you were before the first mission or after the end of the game, in which case it will always start at some predefined spots.

Although I'm probably wrong.

Stormeus

The radio isn't really tied to mission progression. The position of the "playheads" for each radio station does get saved in a savegame though, and would be restored when loading that save.

VC:MP obviously doesn't use saves, so the game always starts radio stations at their default position, which results in you hearing the same song every time you first enter a vehicle.

This is an issue that I wasn't even conscious of until now, and I can see how it would be annoying, so I'll see if we can randomize radio positions on load.

Shadow

Make a vector and std::shuffle ?

also, mind checking out my pm : D
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Murdock

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 22, 2017, 04:21 PMThis is an issue that I wasn't even conscious of until now, and I can see how it would be annoying, so I'll see if we can randomize radio positions on load.

Would syncing be possible? So that passengers would hear the same songs as the driver

kennedyarz

Quote from: Murdock on Jun 22, 2017, 09:01 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 22, 2017, 04:21 PMThis is an issue that I wasn't even conscious of until now, and I can see how it would be annoying, so I'll see if we can randomize radio positions on load.

Would syncing be possible? So that passengers would hear the same songs as the driver

That strange, for me it has always been synchronized, if I have 3 passangers they listen the same as me. This is the first time i hear this

Mötley

@kennedyarz do you have a save file by chance?

I'm curious if there is no save file that it would just play at random.

As for players hearing the same music, Possibly has something to do with the owner in the vehicle. I cant test that.

krystianoo

Forcing driver's radio station for all players in a car the first place is a horrible decision and perhaps only useful for roleplaying servers.

Syncing songs? If yes, then server-wide. So everyone hears the same song when they switch to X radio station.

maxorator

The radios work by using a global time counter anyway, which determines the position for every radio. Basically it would just mean having a server-wide sync of that counter (technically making it use a new counter and sync that, so it would not affect other things).