2dfx - how to mess with it?

Started by GangstaRas, Jan 06, 2018, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GangstaRas

As I aspire to create a new map from scratch, it would be good for me to get an understanding of 2dfx but of the limited illustrations of work I've seen here, I don't see anything regarding how to even mess with it, what am I looking for in whichever files and how to add it to custom objects etc. To those that know about 2dfx, could you please explain to me how to get started?

NicusorN5

Quote from: GangstaRas on Jan 06, 2018, 02:46 PMAs I aspire to create a new map from scratch, it would be good for me to get an understanding of 2dfx but of the limited illustrations of work I've seen here, I don't see anything regarding how to even mess with it, what am I looking for in whichever files and how to add it to custom objects etc. To those that know about 2dfx, could you please explain to me how to get started?
1.) You should create some Dummies in your model using ZModdeler. (not sure, maybe works without this step)
2.) You should edit your object flags in the xml file. I remember @vito made some 2dfx using the xmls.

pro

if you need a syntax of xml files with 2dfx just take it from any server from /store/ directory or using wireshark
if you need 2dfx documentation you need to looking for somewhere outside vc-mp world, like there https://www.gtamodding.com/wiki/2DFX