Building Server Plugins

Started by umar4911, Jun 11, 2018, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umar4911

How to make a vcmp plugin. Not asking to give me whole code. Just need directions and needs to requirements and the language to use. Rest, I will do it.
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

umar4911

xD

Stormeus

Plugins are written in C. If you don't understand it, you either need to learn it or stick with the language plugins that already exist.

Out of curiosity, what functionality are you trying to add by writing a plugin?

umar4911

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 13, 2018, 12:02 AMPlugins are written in C. If you don't understand it, you either need to learn it or stick with the language plugins that already exist.

There are many function I want to add. One of them is auto-record a video in server-side.

xD

Xmair

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 13, 2018, 07:08 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 13, 2018, 12:02 AMPlugins are written in C. If you don't understand it, you either need to learn it or stick with the language plugins that already exist.

There are many function I want to add. One of them is auto-record a video in server-side.

That is not possible by a plugin, basically, most of the things you can do already come with the squirrel plugin.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

umar4911

If auto record is not available then I want to script a plugin when sent a command to it, it closes an application running in the server's background(not client).
xD

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 13, 2018, 07:08 AMThere are many function I want to add. One of them is auto-record a video in server-side.

From what source? I mean, what gives(streams?) you the video data to the server. And what are the contents of that video.

Chances are to be possible. But not if you intend what people are already thinking.

Also, encoding video files may not be as easy as `print(GetINIOption("player_password"))`. So be wary of the task you're attempting.

Stormeus

Also, even if you could record video, what would you record a video of? Recording a video of every player at once would be prohibitive.

You need to step back. re-evaluate the problem you're trying to solve and come up with a different approach.

kennedyarz

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 19, 2018, 11:23 PMAlso, even if you could record video, what would you record a video of? Recording a video of every player at once would be prohibitive.

You need to step back. re-evaluate the problem you're trying to solve and come up with a different approach.

Monstrous lag

umar4911

Actually I have spectate system in which we can spectate specific objects. I want to keep a record of them.

What about the other plugin. I want to close an application running in background.
xD

Xmair

Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 19, 2018, 11:43 AMIf auto record is not available then I want to script a plugin when sent a command to it, it closes an application running in the server's background(not client).
You don't really need a plugin for it, just use the system() function.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

umar4911

Quote from: Xmair on Jun 20, 2018, 06:00 AM
Quote from: umar4911 on Jun 19, 2018, 11:43 AMIf auto record is not available then I want to script a plugin when sent a command to it, it closes an application running in the server's background(not client).
You don't really need a plugin for it, just use the system() function.
Can you give me a little for info?
xD

NicusorN5

Isn't system() only running on the server? I mean you can't use system() at a client player, only in client side scripts?

umar4911

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 20, 2018, 10:07 AMIsn't system() only running on the server? I mean you can't use system() at a client player, only in client side scripts?
I said server side.
xD