Vehicles as objects

Started by SilviUDaciaLogan, May 13, 2019, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilviUDaciaLogan

Hi! I tried to add an bus as a static object, I tried to do that with 2 buses and 3 trains to add as static object. I did all fine, objects from vice city or gta sa (only objects, not vehicles) working perfectly, but I don t know how to do same at vehicles because I wan t to use move to, autodrive and others to make more attractive server.

Please tell me how to add cars, buses as static object, not to car driver with v6400.

dracc

Quote from: SilviUDaciaLogan on May 13, 2019, 02:44 PMHi! I tried to add an bus as a static object, I tried to do that with 2 buses and 3 trains to add as static object. I did all fine, objects from vice city or gta sa (only objects, not vehicles) working perfectly, but I don t know how to do same at vehicles because I wan t to use move to, autodrive and others to make more attractive server.

Please tell me how to add cars, buses as static object, not to car driver with v6400.
Vcmp has no support for NPCs (yet).

SilviUDaciaLogan

But I added  custom objects ( gta sa objects, players->NPCs and others )
To add cars and buses at static object it s not possible?

NicusorN5

From the game data perspective , objects (aka CObjects models) are made from 1 root (dummy model), 1 model mesh, and some more collision meshes inside the model mesh (see attachements)

But vehicle models are way more complicated:

So, the solution might be[1] :
1.) Opening the vehicle in ZModdeler/anything
2.) Remove the useless dummy helper and meshes
3.) If you are using ZModdeler use : Modify > Attach all the meshes you want to see in your model, until one mesh remains.
4.) Export again.
5.) XML stuff, insert stuff into the 7z archive

[1]  Never tried this, enjoy your collision bugs, complications, missing textures and missing car parts.