Client Update for 0.4.6 Released (2019-05-27)

Started by Stormeus, May 27, 2019, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Stories

Aceptas un Duelo ?

Sebastian

First of all, as I've said before, Stormeus already answered your suggestion about adding NPCs.
Secondly, vcmp 0.4 is much more featured than 0.3zR2 was, but many scripters don't get use of them at all.

[spoiler=my opinion]
They keep the standard gamemode that always existed: dm
Trust me, there are many features people didn't use at maximum, or worse - didn't use at all.
Even DM can be improved alot, but the majority of vc:mp "scripters" are waiting for things to be released in forum, so they can just add to their servers. Lazy asses.

You better start thinking, testing and improving the actual features!
Show something that nobody else did!

Just then, come back and ask again.
Why do you think known scripters are not asking for anything ? How do you think they became known ?
They did the AWESOME with what they had. They did things that nobody else has done.
They know what vcmp needs in the first place, because they created servers from scratch and noticed what was missing.

PS:
You can't start thinking a server using npcs when there is no NPC implementation.
You start thinking for an alternative, or don't start it at all.
But don't come here to blame and complain.
Counter Strike 1.6 had NPCs, but didn't use them, and is as popular as it was when first released.
It's not the features, it is the gameplay you create.
[/spoiler]

KrOoB_

We don't have to show something. (We are just suggesting it.) You can see with your eyes. We're working on a server and it'll open tomorrow (probably) when it's open I'll invite you then u can see what we have done ( nobody else did ).

Known scripters didn't ask anything about it bcaue as far as I can see they're playing DM server not RP servers

Who cares CS 1.6. We're playing vc-mp, worlds of role-play. We're trying to say if it had NPCs, it would be great than now.

NicusorN5

You can now just simulate NPCs like I do with my Zombie Survival server, you can of course have a look at the source code of it.

KrOoB_

I'm talking for RP servers.
Dude I saw your server. It's good nice job.

But they don't have anims and as far as I know we can't add anim to objects.

Sebastian

Quote from: KrooB on Jun 02, 2019, 12:05 AMit'll open tomorrow (probably) when it's open I'll invite you then u can see what we have done ( nobody else did ).

I am curious.

Xmair

Quote from: KrooB on Jun 02, 2019, 12:05 AMKnown scripters didn't ask anything about it bcaue as far as I can see they're playing DM server not RP servers
??????????????????????

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

NicusorN5

Quote from: KrooB on Jun 02, 2019, 12:05 AMKnown scripters didn't ask anything about it bcaue as far as I can see they're playing DM server not RP servers

Not all scripters play only on DM servers. Some only play on their own server. Some play DM servers and some play only RP servers. That's a bad generalisation.

Gabriel_Stories

If you allow the bots in VCMP, it will be a great change in the platform
Aceptas un Duelo ?

Xmair

You guys are literally going to do nothing with the NPCs, the maximum you'll be able to achieve is making them stand in an ammunition shop as a statue, let alone writing an AI for them. Do you guys have any idea what kind of task is it to write a proper AI?

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

KrOoB_

Quote from: Xmair on Jun 02, 2019, 12:54 PMYou guys are literally going to do nothing with the NPCs, the maximum you'll be able to achieve is making them stand in an ammunition shop as a statue, let alone writing an AI for them. Do you guys have any idea what kind of task is it to write a proper AI?

Dude It's hard we know that and we're just talking(like a mosquito zzzzz), suggesting, we want what they thinking about this topic

Quote from: KrooB on May 31, 2019, 08:43 PMWe didn't say u have to do it in one update dude we are waiting hear something else from devs like NPCs (example) just say it "We are developing it/ We are searching it/ We are thinking it"  and we'll say "yeah devs are working HAIL DEVS"

anything say about something big @Stormeus

KrOoB_

You can make basement code for npcs , and we can improve it from client-side or server-side. Walking, talking, fire etc.

Piterus

To be honest NPCs wouldn't be as much a "revolution" as many people think because ye, it sounds nice, but has a lot of problems in the assumption.
VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

KrOoB_

Quote from: Piterus on Jun 02, 2019, 01:38 PMTo be honest NPCs wouldn't be as much a "revolution" as many people think because ye, it sounds nice, but has a lot of problems in the assumption.
You're right but I think we can fix them ???

Xmair

Quote from: KrooB on Jun 02, 2019, 01:42 PM
Quote from: Piterus on Jun 02, 2019, 01:38 PMTo be honest NPCs wouldn't be as much a "revolution" as many people think because ye, it sounds nice, but has a lot of problems in the assumption.
You're right but I think we can fix them ???
That's exactly where you're wrong. NPCs won't be what you think.

Credits to Boystang!