Immediately disconnected from server

Started by in01am24, Jul 12, 2019, 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

in01am24

Hello. I only just installed VCMP a while ago. Whenever I join a server, I am connected for a few seconds before being notified that I have been kicked. I don't know what exactly could be causing this, I'd appreciate any help.

D4rkR420R

Sebastian

Press f8 to take a screenshot, and show us

Rardodus Bruise

Quote from: in01am24 on Jul 12, 2019, 04:50 AMHello. I only just installed VCMP a while ago. Whenever I join a server, I am connected for a few seconds before being notified that I have been kicked. I don't know what exactly could be causing this, I'd appreciate any help.
maybe you forgot to set up the 'tools>settings' MAYBE, I am not sure.

in01am24

Screenshot:

Quote from: Rardodus Bruise on Jul 12, 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote from: in01am24 on Jul 12, 2019, 04:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I set it up. I changed my name and it looks like the GTA: VC directory is already there.

MatheuS

Quote from: in01am24 on Jul 12, 2019, 09:19 PMScreenshot:

Quote from: Rardodus Bruise on Jul 12, 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote from: in01am24 on Jul 12, 2019, 04:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I set it up. I changed my name and it looks like the GTA: VC directory is already there.

Do you have this problem in others server or just while you playing in VCCNR?
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Kelvin Garcia Mendoza

open your VC:MP Browser and verify that the Updater URL field is set to http://u04.vc-mp.org, if not, just change it
close the browser, go to C:\Users\your_pc_name\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer, delete the folder named 04rel006 and re-open the browser, the browser should now re-download the 04rel006 folder, if this is the case just let it to download

in01am24

I checked the Updater field, it seems to be the right URL.

Quote from: MatheuS on Jul 13, 2019, 12:36 AMDo you have this problem in others server or just while you playing in VCCNR?
I haven't played VCCNR, but it happened when I tried to connect to VK's server, same thing happened when I tried to connect to littlewhitey's server.

Just in case it'll help, I'm using the steam version of Vice City.

Kelvin Garcia Mendoza

littlewhitey's server kicks you if you have an unallowed file (.dll/.asi), verify if the only .dll file you have is Mss32.dll (in your game's root directory). I don't know if this applies to VKs server as well

in01am24

Quote from: [SK]Kelvin on Jul 13, 2019, 03:15 AMlittlewhitey's server kicks you if you have an unallowed file (.dll/.asi), verify if the only .dll file you have is Mss32.dll (in your game's root directory). I don't know if this applies to VKs server as well
Alright, I removed another ASI file I had and that seemed to do it. Somehow, I didn't really think that something like silent patch would affect this. Thanks everyone.