R2 Features

Started by Sonmez, Oct 23, 2020, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonmez

As server producers, we made a chat and scoreboard on our own, but the original chat/scoreboard has no way to hide or no way to remove the keys they are assigned to. This is really annoying.

I'm from Turkey and our letters isn't same with English so we can't talk or texting each other properly in chat (in Turkish servers)
Due to this problem we made another chat with GUI but the original chat is blocking us due to its keybindings.

And guys please tell me did u see a scoreboard without pressing TAB, we tried to do that but we couldn't, ask why. 'cuz our developers made a soreboard and chat that no-one can change or hide  -_-

( probably u'll say "select another key and use it dumb" but people using "T" for chat always)

Selecting another key isn't solves this problem

Maybe something like this can be added?
<!-- R2 Features -->
<ChatConsole>false</ChatConsole>
<ScoreBoard>false</ScoreBoard>
if (!perfect) createAgain();

Inferno

You can use return 0; in OnPlayerChat to hide original chat,.

as for scoreboard, idk if its possible to hide it.
Viva la VU
VFS Developer
VCCNR Administrator

Sonmez

Quote from: Inferno on Oct 23, 2020, 05:46 PMYou can use return 0; in OnPlayerChat to hide original chat,.

We can't hide original chat gui and we cant remove original chat's keybind with "return false". Same as the scoreboard

ressam

Quote from: Inferno on Oct 23, 2020, 05:46 PMYou can use return 0; in OnPlayerChat to hide original chat,.

Can't assign it to another key?

Sonmez

Quote from: ressam on Oct 23, 2020, 05:57 PM

Selecting another key isn't solves this problem. Because players use "TAB" for scoreboard and players use "T" for chat.

Xmair

Quote from: Sonmez on Oct 23, 2020, 05:59 PM
Quote from: ressam on Oct 23, 2020, 05:57 PM

Selecting another key isn't solves this problem. Because players use "TAB" for scoreboard and players use "T" for chat.
Cancel the onPlayerChat event by returning false/0 and send a stream to all of the connected players with the player's message.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

DizzasTeR

How is nobody not understanding what he's saying.

THE DEFAULT CHATBOX DOES NOT SUPPORT TURKISH CHARACTERS
=> So he wants a way to either disable T chat or BE ABLE TO CHANGE DEFAULT CHAT KEY

Same for scoreboard (Default is F5) but in many multiplayers its common to have scoreboard on TAB but you can't change it

Sonmez

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Oct 24, 2020, 08:00 AMHow is nobody not understanding what he's saying.

THE DEFAULT CHATBOX DOES NOT SUPPORT TURKISH CHARACTERS
=> So he wants a way to either disable T chat or BE ABLE TO CHANGE DEFAULT CHAT KEY

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Oct 24, 2020, 08:00 AMSame for scoreboard (Default is F5) but in many multiplayers its common to have scoreboard on TAB but you can't change it

Yeah, exactly.

habi

If i make an executable file, will you guys distribute to all players?

MEGAMIND

Quote from: habi on Oct 25, 2020, 11:47 AMIf i make an executable file, will you guys distribute to all players?
i trust this man by my eyes closed

DizzasTeR

Quote from: MEGAMIND on Oct 25, 2020, 11:47 AM
Quote from: habi on Oct 25, 2020, 11:47 AMIf i make an executable file, will you guys distribute to all players?

Its less about trust, and more about distributing the actual file between every player that will play on your server (like this). It is quite literally going to be a "hack", but a positive one instead of a negative one. The bigger problem is that you will get locked out from players because they don't have a special file to give them the extra "feature" which is required and not everyone does that much to play on a server.

MEGAMIND

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Oct 25, 2020, 12:38 PM

Its less about trust, and more about distributing the actual file between every player that will play on your server (like this). It is quite literally going to be a "hack", but a positive one instead of a negative one. The bigger problem is that you will get locked out from players because they don't have a special file to give them the extra "feature" which is required and not everyone does that much to play on a server.
@habi in that case a new plugin might help? overiding the actuall funtions to use the new custom ones? or along with an .ini file to set between the actuall on custom ones?

Xmair

Quote from: MEGAMIND on Oct 25, 2020, 12:51 PM

@habi in that case a new plugin might help? overiding the actuall funtions to use the new custom ones? or along with an .ini file to set between the actuall on custom ones?
You can't do something like that with a server sided plugin.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

MEGAMIND

Quote from: Xmair on Oct 25, 2020, 01:16 PM
Quote from: MEGAMIND on Oct 25, 2020, 12:51 PM

You can't do something like that with a server sided plugin.
@sonmez as u see no possibilities so leave it as it is, use keybinds

Sonmez

I can distribute it. Can you do this?