[WIP] Scripting Video Tutorials

Started by ., May 19, 2015, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorry for the awkward English but I usually make them whenever I have free time and most times it also happens to be tired. I'll continue make them whenever I can and how much I can so you shouldn't expect any consistency.

There's a lot of details missing and I'll complete them as I go and start to get familiar with Squirrel and programming in general. For now there's just a couple but more will follow.

Mirrors for direct download can be found bellow:

Sorry for the low quality. I've recorded them and a higher resolution but because it wasn't a wide screen they ended up converted to an awkward quality. Just switch to 720p and that should be a bit more visible. If I can get a stable host to place the original recordings then I'll add the file links near the videos. They don't take much space (15-30 MB / video).

Remember to always check out these links for more information about scripting in Squirrel. Pure Squirrel documentation:

Documentation for the Squirrel plugin can be found in the official Wiki.

Sebastian

Good job ! I hope you will continue them until you finish the whole documentation. :D
Just yesterday, some member of this comunity asked me for Squirrel documentation, and all I could do was to send him >this< page of wiki where are more links to it.

QuoteSeby I Know U Have Learn Squirel Very Soon. I Also Want To Learn It Please Tell me.Where is Its Tut.

Now, I added a link to this topic too. :)
Good luck with the tutorials !!

PS: This should be moved to the Tutorials Board or Scripting Board. (stickied)

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 19, 2015, 10:25 PM... I hope you will continue them until you finish the whole documentation.

I will try to make most of them. Hopefully 2-3 every night. I'll try to also keep them as simple as possible (hopefully) knowing that mostly new users will watch them.

Thijn

Awesome, this should totally help some people that want to start scripting or need to understand certain aspects of it. Very nice done :)

Quote from: S.L.C on May 19, 2015, 08:54 PMIf I can get a stable host to place the original recordings then I'll add the file links near the videos. They don't take much space (15-30 MB / video).
Throw the files on mega or something similar and shoot me a PM (Or just post them here) and I can host them for you.

SAzEe21

DizzasTeR

Very interesting.. This is surely going to burst the scripting knowledge for squirrel allowing people to learn faster from practical coding.

Keep up the good work ;)

I've added temporary direct download links in case the YouTube quality isn't watchable. They're available in the first post.

Thijn

Few more videos added. Direct links will be available in a few moments as well. Actually some of these probably haven't even uploaded on YT, yet.
  • Case Sensitivity
  • Intro To Fundamental Types
  • Intro To String Type

Sorry for the delay in tutorials. I've been working on a personal Wiki that I've started last night. Currently I'm working on finishing the documentation for the language and then I'll proceed to the server documentation as well. So that I can have a place where I can refer people after watching the videos and wish to learn more.

GangstaRas

Wow, I'm glad to see this, a video of all this stuff. I cant make these videos (at least not yet) for couple weeks now I began making a Concise Review of VCMP scripting for the community. The idea is that seeing that I'm new, there might be noob questions overlooked by experienced scripters so I'm basically documenting all my personal experiences explaining every file, every setting, every hiccup I've ever faced how I've dealt with them in a guidebook type of text to read. Hopefully with it newcomers don't have to search extensively for a problem and bother people for every detail of what this code does, how to go about doing this and that, what type of data to put in etc. I'd still need a big brother to review my stuff though, I dont think I'm writing misguided info but you can never be too confident

Hari

Credits to Hari
--------------------------------------------------------

Added a new video (Intro To Arithmetic Operators) and switched to a wide format.