Client function ScreenPosToWorld

Started by ℛḝξ☂, Aug 24, 2021, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ℛḝξ☂

GUI::ScreenPosToWorld(Vector screenPosition)

I wonder how this function works, and why the parameter screen position is Vector instead of VectorScreen, any help is appreciated!
I may be a slow walker but I am always walking.

Xmair

This function is used to convert the world's 3D co-ordinates to the client's 2D screen co-ordinates.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Xmair on Aug 24, 2021, 05:43 AMThis function is used to convert the world's 3D co-ordinates to the client's 2D screen co-ordinates.

Its the other way around. The Z parameter in Screen -> World Pos or World Pos -> Screen represents visibility. Value is between -1 or 0 (forgot exactly) if the vector is not visible on screen and anything else if it is. (You probably have to test)

Xmair

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Aug 24, 2021, 09:21 AM
Quote from: Xmair on Aug 24, 2021, 05:43 AMThis function is used to convert the world's 3D co-ordinates to the client's 2D screen co-ordinates.

Its the other way around. The Z parameter in Screen -> World Pos or World Pos -> Screen represents visibility. Value is between -1 or 0 (forgot exactly) if the vector is not visible on screen and anything else if it is. (You probably have to test)
My bad, didn't read the function name closely. If the Z coordinate is in negative, the vector is formed behind the player's screen (from my last experiment)

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ℛḝξ☂

Thank you both for your help!

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Aug 24, 2021, 09:21 AM

I am using this function to enable players to mark a certain place with a sprite. Your information helps and this work is done! Btw if I change the value of Z parameter in Screen position to 0 or -1 I cannot see the mark/sprite, I try to use 1 and it works.
I may be a slow walker but I am always walking.