Announcement regarding the forum

Started by AdTec_224, Mar 07, 2023, 02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdTec_224

As some of you may have been aware, the server running the web services for this community was hit by ransomware a few weeks ago, while we have been able to restore services fairly quickly it seems our forum was one of the casualties. Upon restoring the old forum (Wedge) it became obvious there we problems, some users being unable to post or even login. After several attempts to fix these problems and still no luck, I decided it was time to try a different approach...

Welcome back SMF!

Why the move? Simple! SMF is well maintained, unlike Wedge and offers a wide variety of mod and theme support should we be decide to utilise them. I have also managed to successfully convert most (if not all) user data and messages over from Wedge, however if anyone notices any issues feel free to report them.

Happy posting! :)

habi

Now i have a place to post something.

Announcement everybody: My latest project 'Miami-Scale' which will get z co-ordinates given x,y co-ordinates coming soon...

@AdTec_224: What about the banned players. Some of my friends are guests here. They have been banned two, three years ago and i know they still develop vcmp servers. What about them?. Don't they speak in vcmp forever?.

i have heard that in some servers with the coming of new seasons like Christmas, Spring all the bans are revoked.

AdTec_224

All accounts that were previously banned are still banned, however if you would like to request an unban for a specific user, go head. I can then make a decision based on the reason they were originally banned and the time since the ban.

NewK

Only issue I notice is for me its marking all posts/replies (even old ones) as new/unread.

habi

Quote from: AdTec_224 on Mar 08, 2023, 02:38 AMAll accounts that were previously banned are still banned, however if you would like to request an unban for a specific user, go head. I can then make a decision based on the reason they were originally banned and the time since the ban.
okay. Let's see

Quote from: NewK on Mar 08, 2023, 10:39 AMOnly issue I notice is for me its marking all posts/replies (even old ones) as new/unread.
There is 'Access denied' - sort of message when clicking on a player's name to see older posts.

NicusorN5

👀 A lot happened since I last visited VC:MP.

habi