VC:MP Android?

Started by KakaroT, Jun 24, 2015, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be a VC:MP client for Android phones?

Yes.
26 (56.5%)
No.
20 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

KakaroT

Hello,
Since many days I got GTA VC Android. It is a nice to play it in your android phone with better graphics. I was thinking of VC:MP client for Android. I know there was a topic in old forum in 2013 or 2014 about vcmp android. Many people disagreed, even me myself at that time. But now when I have played it, it is really nice. And there are lots of android users with gta vc. How about having a client in android also? It will be really awesome. Moreover VC android is optimized for low end phones anyone having gingerbread installed with 128mb ram can play vc lagless. Not sure if developers are interested and have time for it; besides, implementing VC:MP 0.4's improvements. I can help in beta testings.

Stormeus

It's not that we don't want it, it's that it's not possible.
  • How is Google going to publish an app that injects into other apps and actively modifies their behavior?
  • How are we supposed to recreate all of VC:MP on Android? (Hint: not by using SCM. Expect a 20-year-long rewrite effort.)
  • How are we supposed to optimize VC:MP for lower-end phones when PC players still can't run at 30fps?
  • How are players supposed to interact on these servers without auto-aim crap?
  • How are players supposed to interact on these servers when the console is reduced to maybe one or two lines on phones?

It's not worth it, and never will be.

Awesome_Boy

I hate Android Games.That Looks Very Bad.

Hanney

I think all focus of the project should always remain on PC.

Holy moly that is one massive sig

For every 2-3 people who think this is a great idea. Let's make the development even slower with an android version too. As if the development isn't slow enough.

Sebastian

Quote from: S.L.C on Jun 25, 2015, 01:20 PMAs if the development isn't slow enough.

I think it is good enough, now.

Quote from: sseebbyy on Jun 25, 2015, 03:40 PMI think it is good enough, now.

With a really high chance of upsetting most of the devs (sorry bout that). I would like to ask @sseebbyy : When was the last time you've seen a good feature to facilitate the making of better game-mods?

maxorator

Quote from: S.L.C on Jun 25, 2015, 03:54 PM

With a really high chance of upsetting most of the devs (sorry bout that). I would like to ask @sseebbyy : When was the last time you've seen a good feature to facilitate the making of better game-mods?
*cough* Public beta server *cough*

But VC:MP for Android will just never happen. See Stormeus's post for why.

Sebastian

Quote from: S.L.C on Jun 25, 2015, 03:54 PMWith a really high chance of upsetting most of the devs (sorry bout that). I would like to ask @sseebbyy : When was the last time you've seen a good feature to facilitate the making of better game-mods?

On 29th, last month, where Spheres and Checkpoints where added.
Also, like @maxorator said, there is a public beta server where you can see some nice new stuff. ;)

Thijn

Since when is development slow when there's no new features being added? What about bug fixes, a more stable plugins etc. ?

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 25, 2015, 04:16 PMSince when is development slow when there's no new features being added? What about bug fixes, a more stable plugins etc. ?

No doubt bugs should be fixed but new features are also important to build something more attracting.

Quote from: sseebbyy on Jun 25, 2015, 04:10 PMOn 29th, last month, where Spheres and Checkpoints where added.
Also, like @maxorator said, there is a public beta server where you can see some nice new stuff. ;)

Checkpoints doesn't even work as they should.

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: S.L.C on Jun 25, 2015, 03:54 PM

vcmp for pc is better, android just sucks.
i only play vc-mp for it's fast switch and i think that will not be possible with android version, also it will consume more battery life of android  while 3g is enabled. so this is a bad idea.
and we will not enjoy the game like we do on our pc, and vc-mp development is fast (atleast better then before) .

Stormeus

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jun 25, 2015, 05:37 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jun 25, 2015, 04:16 PMSince when is development slow when there's no new features being added? What about bug fixes, a more stable plugins etc. ?

No doubt bugs should be fixed but new features are also important to build something more attracting.

We know, and we've pretty much been consistently throwing in random new features over time for the past few years. However, I, personally, would rather work on stabilizing what we have now than continuing to throw in features that still need fine-tuning like checkpoints. It's hard to enjoy things that are broken.

Azulej

Hello everyone.

After reading this i was wondering if it's possible VC:MP masterlist for android. Only to see servers and players online.

Thijn

Quote from: Azulej on Jun 25, 2015, 08:21 PMHello everyone.

After reading this i was wondering if it's possible VC:MP masterlist for android. Only to see servers and players online.
http://thijn.minelord.com/stats/vcmp/

The query system is a bit bugged at the moment, so there's only a few servers that get reported.