Big objects won't sync?

Started by Ksna, Aug 01, 2015, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ksna

i made a rectangle object 5000 length and 5000 width and 5 height to make a completely new map on top of the original map;D everything works and when i run on that then suddenly it disappears  :o

that rectangle object size is 50kb so i want to use big object instead of loop a small object

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUK08aZaQkI&feature=youtu.be

Ksna

DeViL_JiN

you have to use high or big textures for it, what's the texture image size?

Ksna

256 x 256 as you said in that tutorial

this is my file http://www.filedropper.com/testunp

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Ksna on Aug 02, 2015, 04:58 AM256 x 256 as you said in that tutorial

this is my file http://www.filedropper.com/testunp
256x256 will only work with small objects, imagine you have created an object which is covering whole vice city map and the texture is 256.
You need to use high texture for it because 256 will probably stretch and will disappear.
Or another suggestion, create 50mx50m object and then place it using map editer it'll save some creepy things

Ksna

thanks Jin , i will loop a 50m object

Ksna

I made a loop for 50 x 50 x 5 dimensions box such that it will appear all over vcmp

x < 2000.0, x > -2100.0, y < 1900.0, y > -1900.0

but this time some objects are randomly disapearing and i'm not falling down like before.

DeViL_JiN

Let's solve this issue on pm.

Thijn

Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Aug 02, 2015, 09:16 AMLet's solve this issue on pm.
Why would you do that? Isn't this something other people might wanna know as well?

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: Thijn on Aug 02, 2015, 10:33 AM
Quote from: DeViL_JiN on Aug 02, 2015, 09:16 AMLet's solve this issue on pm.
Why would you do that? Isn't this something other people might wanna know as well?
Okay then sure.
Ksna can you post a screen shot of the problem?
Mind uploading the files? So I can test?
@Thijn
I don't want someone to read 100 pages of a single topic, so we can simply solve it in pm to reduce the topic length and then post the solution here, who likes to read a lot of crap?

maxorator

Use XML for huge objects. The objects you create with CreateObject are streamed in and out by the server, which means if you go too far from the center of it, it will be removed for you.

Sebastian

Quote from: maxorator on Aug 02, 2015, 12:05 PMif you go too far from the center of it

Saying this not to try look superior (like you kids may want to interpret), but to help:
The streaming distance for objects created via CreateObject is 300 game units.

Ksna

OFF  :Sorry for late reply , i booted with windows 10 now i'm playing with many errors really very annoying( lost vicecity which i used before) and now i cannot take screenshots .

@maxorator @sebby I have removed that huge object and tried using loop to make almost 200 objects each of (50 x 50 x 5) but now objects disappeared randomly does that mean same problem with smallobjects
I will use XML*
int a, b;
for( a = -2000, a<= 2000, a+50){
for (b = -1900, b <= 1900, b+50)
CreateObject (6002 , 0, Vector(a,b,240));
}

When i made loop some times it  is not working , is there a limit for objects?

Thijn

Yes there is a limit of 3000 objects. Like you said though, use XML for static objects.

Sebastian

From what I remember, @Stormeus once said that objects created via .xml files are not counting for the limit.
Objects only created via CreateObject have that limit.