no weapon pick up

Started by 4kUM45, Apr 13, 2015, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4kUM45

Why 0.4 doesn't has weapons pick up, It's very annoying when you kill someone and there's any weapon pick up.

Stormeus

This is by design. It's up to individual servers to implement weapon pickups.

Gulk

Yeah, I wanted to script this but no idea :-[

I'd rather players hunt and kill for more ammo instead of spawning with 99999999999 ammo for every gun

Kratos_

Quote from: Gulk on Apr 13, 2015, 03:07 PMYeah, I wanted to script this but no idea :-[
I'd rather players hunt and kill for more ammo instead of spawning with 99999999999 ammo for every gun

Well Yes . There should be a reason to kill others . :)

During Kill , You can try utilizing GetWeaponAtSlot( int weaponSlot ) to get the weapon at that slot & GetAmmoAtSlot( int weaponSlot ) to get the amount of ammunation at that slot of a particular player object . Although , I aint sure that whether these entities will get called at the instant when someone is killed . In case it's called then start creating pickups associated with each weapon with some separation of course .

Write a function to customize the weapons of that player who picks this weapon pickup . Remove the pickup if noone picked it . I'm feeling the need of something like AutoDestroyTimer for a pickup entity .
In the middle of chaos , lies opportunity.

Gudio