Meh, The Timers!

Started by FarisDon, Jan 26, 2016, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarisDon

Hey, Folks! Well, i just simply wanna ask do timers lag?
Suppose that i'm using just a simple timer to check a player every minute, or just showing a announcement continuously, until he is in the server, and then, he use many timers suddenly like, for repairing, for gotoloc, all together, so will it make the server or the player LAG? and is their anyway to get rid of it ; obviously removing the timers but something else?
Sorry, Folks, i'm continuously, asking questions, cause i've made an script, but i can't assure myself that about lagging stuff.
P.S: Sorry, for my bad english : [.

Thijn

Timers will, just as any other part of your code, lag if the code that's executed takes a long time. Doing database queries, doing long loops, stuff like that takes a while and will halt any other code until it completes.

Stormeus

It's understandable to see how people would tend to think timers suck at performance. But in reality it's not the timers that are poorly optimized. Your code is the one that is a total mess (don't argue with me son. I've seen code that makes boogie man piss himself). But since you're not able to see that and eager to guilt something. The obvious guilt falls to the timers. Because why not.