WorldBoundaries

Started by rObInX, Mar 14, 2015, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rObInX

Can we extend it beyond the normal one ( 5000, -5000 ) ?

I tried but failed, boundaries remain the same.

MacTavish

If you mean to Increase it by 10000 and more then i have tried too but Failed

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

ysc3839

Do you mean the GTA SOL?

More information on this subject can be found here.

Kratos_

I'm curious about this too . Stormeus mentioned that VC recognizes some space for the syncing in the thread that SLC posted above . Someone might heard of custom mods like San Andreas in Vice City in which they managed to unify both the maps .  They might have managed to hack the map limit in order to do so .
Yes , ViceCity rebounds back the items beyond a limit . I too experienced this . But since in 0.4 , mods have been provided to us then can we increase the syncable space even further ? One thing I noticed that the makers of SaiVc have done so after compromising with some features like peds & vehicles . Probably , just to avoid the load on the VC engine . :P
If such an issue is associated with this then I would urge not to implement this in VC:MP atleast .
In the middle of chaos , lies opportunity.

Quote from: Kratos_ on Mar 14, 2015, 05:33 PMSomeone might heard of custom mods like San Andreas in Vice City in which they managed to unify both the maps .  They might have managed to hack the map limit in order to do so .

AFAIK there used to be another mod called StateofLiberty Mod or something like that. In which they merged the cities of all three (III, VC, SA) games into the Vice City engine. And there was some talk about hacking the maximum world limit.

Kratos_

Quote from: S.L.C on Mar 14, 2015, 05:38 PMAnd there was some talk about hacking the maximum world limit.

Yes , I'm talking about the same .
In the middle of chaos , lies opportunity.

Thijn

This would only create more problems then it might solve for the very few people that want it. The majority of players already barely run VC, let alone when the engine gets pushed to it's limits. Their wooden computers will just set on fire.