error

Started by Amal, Jun 19, 2015, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amal

can anybdy help me wth ths error wn i opn vcmp .4

http://s18.postimg.org/7mkkksemh/Capture.png

jayant

Little more information please..Your operating system ?

Quote from: jayant on Jun 19, 2015, 03:49 PMLittle more information please..Your operating system ?

Look at the dialog frame. Clearly Win7. And it doesn't really matter if it's x32 or x64 since VCMP runs on both because it's x32 actually.

Besides, this is just the usuah crap that no one bothers to do. Which is to install the redistributable packages. I mentioned which packages in almost 100 posts and I won't even bother to mention them again.

Stormeus

Quote from: S.L.C on Jun 19, 2015, 11:10 PMBesides, this is just the usuah crap that no one bothers to do. Which is to install the redistributable packages. I mentioned which packages in almost 100 posts and I won't even bother to mention them again.

The funny thing is that the installer is supposed to install the redists itself. For some reason it fails consistently, so I'll have to look into it.

The client itself no longer relies on the redists since the Visual C++ libraries are now statically linked into it. I'll likely do the same with the browser and repackage the installer; the only problem is that ModDB sometimes takes a while to approve a new or updated file, and while the file is unapproved, it doesn't appear on the download page.